Server 3 Unlocking Process Discussion

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: Server 3 Unlocking Process Discussion

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

*OT

I want to let everyone know that me and a co-worker found "The Device" when there was still only 1 key entered, and before it became public knowledge of where it was/how to open it. Neither of us were able to get our compys to behave with the sound file and microphone... but that's not to say we didn't try! So, like I said, if I earn it, I will take it, but I couldn't get it working the correct way, and I wasn't about to steal a key once the link to the Bounce Path was posted. My co-worker did though, because he got screwed by Server 2's age verification thing (which personally isn't a valid reason to me, but what the hell). Anyway, ARG on!

/OT
numbers
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by numbers »

Can someone post the sound clip they got when they unlocked the server?
Raigns
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Raigns »

I know it's kinda useless now but I got through the sound thing by tapping on my mic. The longer/louder I tapped, the brighter the picture got until it switched to the unlocking link (I very sure that's what happened. I know for a fact I didn't use the sound clip from server 2).
ii otnemem ii

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Raigns wrote:I know it's kinda useless now but I got through the sound thing by tapping on my mic. The longer/louder I tapped, the brighter the picture got until it switched to the unlocking link (I very sure that's what happened. I know for a fact I didn't use the sound clip from server 2).
Yeah, see that's what I was trying to do. I was just blowing into my mic, the device was lighting up, but no unlocky. it's alright, i only semi-care cuz i got into server 2 and i was determined to unlock it legitimately.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

RandomSunchip wrote:When I tried to play the audio, after the keys were gone unfortunately, I tried holding my micorphone to the speaker when I played it, and I also used a mini-stereo cable to connect it from the speaker output to the microphone input. Nothing. Any ideas?

Exactly what I did, and I'm getting nothing either

I know it's unlocked. I just want to try it out :D
sharpsniper99

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

yeah is there a cool little animation or anything? - it seems to light up whenever i type on my keyboard lol

anyway on a sidenote im veryu dissapointed with this arg - not because i havent got a key, but because unless your on your computer day and night you dont stand a chance, that server opened so godamn abruptly! - not even any run up at least the sota website and the fcc where interesting!

i think im going to take a back seat on this arg, ill still be on the forums and the chat all the time, but im not going out of my way for it, im not gonna stay up all night in the hope of a server randonly opening for example
monctezuma
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by monctezuma »

Yeah if we look at all the work it took to unlock S02 and compare to S03, S03 unlock process sucked.

I just loved the way S02 was done with going on wiki and try to use the device to decode the text, call FCC every 5 mins, and everything.

With S03, we had everything we needed (719 wav.) all from the begginning. The only work we did was waiting for Halo3 to be updated.

Whatever...
dwknaisch
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by dwknaisch »

monctezuma wrote:Yeah if we look at all the work it took to unlock S02 and compare to S03, S03 unlock process sucked.

I just loved the way S02 was done with going on wiki and try to use the device to decode the text, call FCC every 5 mins, and everything.

With S03, we had everything we needed (719 wav.) all from the begginning. The only work we did was waiting for Halo3 to be updated.

Whatever...
this isn't true... i tried my ass off to get the key but i have no mic. i was scrambling to find a mic and by the time i did 15 min later it was closed... boo hoo
Xastabus
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Xastabus »

:o :evil: ARGH! Missed another one.

Only 2 chances left. :cry:
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

There's a reason it's called an ARGH... :roll: