Halo.MSN.com/downloads "Glyph" Screensaver

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Xastabus
Data [Conditional]

Halo.MSN.com/downloads "Glyph" Screensaver

Unread post by Xastabus »

I checked the http://www.halo.msn.com/downloads site again this morning and the screensavers are available. I downloaded both of them and I think the glyph one may have something hidden in it.

There is this flashing pattern of white lines. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be flickering light, static, or what, but it doesn't look right.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by UnrealCh13f on Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Fixed Link
JCCricket
Data [Conditional]

Re: Halo.MSN.com/downloads "Glyph" Screensaver

Unread post by JCCricket »

yeah i had the same thoughts when i downloaded and watched it. its a pretty weird screensaver...
Can the white lines possibly be hiding any text? what could we use to "stabilise" them as the screensaver is running? a strobe light? has anyone found any text around the glyph in the screensaver? just some thoughts......
iggy73
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iggy73 »

OK.... I looked at it, it's basically a SWF file that is loaded. Sadly, I don't have Adobe Flash or Swish installed on my machine to break it out by frames.

(You can get to this point by navigating to the following folder structure: Windows -> System32 -> Halo Dir)

In this directory (the default install directory) will be several files, including one called expired. (Interesting, no?)

OK... hopefully somewhere we have someone with either of these apps installed to take a look... otherwise I can do it later tonight from home.

See ya!
M3 Rokit
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by M3 Rokit »

Sorry, but someone beat you to it. So, I'm going to do ahead and lock this. If you have anything further to discuss, please, us that thread. Thanks!