[Updated] 719 Hz is a hidden image

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Re: [Updated] 719 Hz is a hidden image

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

and the center of the "ark" looks to be over

dun da da dun

South Africa
GnubiX
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by GnubiX »

Looks to me like it's pretty far south of Mt. Kilibasi, the supposed location of the Ark. Could the image be that far off? I can't find any significant geography along the southern tip of Africa.

So far we have the SOTA page that references Tanzania, the Ark at Kilibasi, Kenya, and the significant city of Mombasa, Kenya...none of these are in the southern part of Africa, near the equator.

???
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

i feel like finding the glyph spectroscopically is the end of the line for this particular clue. the image is too low resolution for it to offer much more help, however well any coordinates line up on it.

we need to be looking for new ads, info about the new halo 3 360, and any other new stuff.
pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by pterodactyl »

Well, actually, Bungie says that the forerunner artifact is outside of Mombasa. It am assuming that it will be to the southeast of it as the Mombasa region is coastal. And actual, Kenya is in the southeast. 719Hz on the image is actually above South Africa (the country). It's closer to Tanzania/Zambia/Mozambique countries. Southern Africa but not necessarily South Africa.
sarge2552
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by sarge2552 »

one thing we should take into consideration is continental drift, this could be the location of the ark on earth 100,000 yrs ago or in 2552, either way it will be different from what we see today, todays middle africa could be tomorows southern africa, if you know what i mean
Mikezoom
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mikezoom »

Is there any way to see what sort of details the server #1 "tick" noise has? Maybe nothing but I cannot D/L files at work.

Mike. ;)
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

thebruce wrote:as per the wiki page, I played with the spectrogram a bit as well. There's warping in the original, actual diagram, which is corrected when the hertz scale isn't linear...

The original is obviously not intended to be viewed "as is". The warping indicates it must be projected in some fashion. Other diagrams people have uploaded (including the original on the wiki) have a non-linear hertz scale which is what makes them look 'normal' in perspective.

non-linear vertical correction (mapped to a cylinder), and perspective corrected:

And yeah, definitely looks like earth... note also the first spoke to the right of 12 o'clock - looks like the moon (likely already noticed previously though)
O... M... G.
I never noticed the Moon actually there, and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere either. It is hard to see with the OP's "as-is" blue image, but wrapping around the half-cylindar makes the Moon really stand out! Great work!
So, to correlate this with a lunar calendar (assuming that the image is lined up as all the other images are, the New Moon being at 12 o'clock, Full Moon at 6 o'clock), the next day that this kind of lunar positioning would fall on is... yesterday. :o :shock: :( :?:
Did we miss something? Or is it referring to a different day? Have we gone back and checked all previous sites, called the FCC number, Googled EVERY WORD on all the images received from Server 02?
spartan117
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by spartan117 »

nothing new with the FCC number or the server...
something could have been made yesterday.
like a website or something. sort of like with what happened on the seventh, i believe?
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Re: 719 Hz is an image

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

ii otnemem ii wrote:
DocOctavius wrote:Here is an animated gif showing the left and right channels of that spectrograph:

http://www.yayap.com/iris/image_lr_channels.gif
There are 13 spokes, which is how many ppl saw in the E3 trailer, which showed the Ark opening. Also, with 13 spokes, you can't evenly alternate between spokes with circles and plain spokes (circle, line, circle, line, etc...).
Also, they look like continents, the same ones from the Language Select screen before you enter the corridor where the server is floating.
I was wrong on this -- there are 16 spokes -- 8 for the Lunar phases and 8 that go out to the outer little rings.

Learn to count, idiot!
Huhwhathuh?
Gold_7
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Gold_7 »

Two thoughts or ideas I don't have capability to tinker with

1) can the 719Hz image be overlayed on the infestation image in any way to find something of use?

2) can the infestation image be turned into a sound file using the reverse of the 719Hz decoding (maybe as a whole or maybe as individual frames of the infestation image)?