[Updated] 719 Hz is a hidden image

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

jimmywilson
Data [Conditional]

Re: [Updated] 719 Hz is a hidden image

Unread post by jimmywilson »

Lichtonatus wrote:Sorry if I'm being an idiot, but what the hell is a spectrogram/graph?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrogram
check the "Creating sound from a spectrogram" section for more info on hidden images.
and check out http://www.visualizationsoftware.com/gram/examples.html for some cool examples.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Thanks man. I obviously am being an idiot if I didn't think of just googling it :roll:
pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by pterodactyl »

Okay guys, check this out!!

I zoomed in on the graph and it appears that the sphere in the center is definitely Earth. Look where the graph crosses the sphere at 719Hz (the name of the file). Southern Africa. How many clues do we have that point to Southern Africa??
Attachments
Check this out!!!
Check this out!!!
719hzgram.jpg (114.88 KiB) Viewed 6098 times
Lichtonatus

You know. I reckon you're right. I see no reason for us to be given random (if fairly interesting) sounds/music unless it contains some kind of clue.

I doubt it's just noise, especially as it looks so convincingly like Africa (In my limited geographical knowlege. Still kno what africa looks like though)
pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

Someone previously said the image looks like the server glyphs all put together. I'm having a feeling that our complete glyph is some kind of map or a mapping tool.

Edit: CJ says the "star of the trailer, a huge forerunner artefact buried under the African desert," plays a pivotal role.
Last edited by pterodactyl on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustyB
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by JustyB »

I agree with Lichtonatus that it is not noise. If it is thats a really weird coincidence that it is in the shape of africa.
WhatPfhor
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by WhatPfhor »

The "shadows" above the main picture appear to be the continents as well. If you check out the animated gif earlier in the thread (kudos to the author) you can clearly see Antarctica to the right, South America above it, North America above that. On the left you have Africa, Europe and Australia. Maybe its just incredibly distorted and merged with Europe, but I can't really make out Asia.
Lichtonatus

The only problem i can think of is that if it does indeed point towards Africa, how does it help?

So far we've had tonnes of things ppoint to Africa, so what good is one more going to do? maybe we should be looking at the format of the information. Can anyone think of any reason why the fact that it's an audio file might be important?
pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

No, I believe the only reason it was in audio format is to hide/embed the image. Whoever first came up with the idea to look for an image is a genius and I applaud them. (I assume that was the author)
jimmywilson
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by jimmywilson »

pterodactyl wrote:Okay guys, check this out!!

I zoomed in on the graph and it appears that the sphere in the center is definitely Earth. Look where the graph crosses the sphere at 719Hz (the name of the file). Southern Africa. How many clues do we have that point to Southern Africa??
I updated the 1st post last night with the image marked at 719Hz. It is over south africa. If they give us another audio image with a msec (time) or dB (decibel) level it could plot a specific point on the earth. I've made many of these on my own in the past and that image def has africa and europe on the earth. Its not noise but, the splotches in the background are just noise.
Last edited by jimmywilson on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.