[Updated] 719 Hz is a hidden image

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

Re: [Updated] 719 Hz is a hidden image

Unread post by pterodactyl »

Oh, I didn't know. I apologize jimmy.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

pterodactyl wrote:No, I believe the only reason it was in audio format is to hide/embed the image. Whoever first came up with the idea to look for an image is a genius and I applaud them. (I assume that was the author)
Yeah. I figured that. That was just an example of what we may need to be thinking of (Outside the box. Inn fact. Think OUTSIDE outside the box. Make your own NEW box to think outside of!!! :D )

Also, just to check something, I played one of my other audio files in the spectro-thingy player, and got something totally different (will upload image momentarily). It's clear that this strange noise was meticulously planned with the intention of leaving an image when played in a spectrogram/graph reading thing.

EDIT: Linky - http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y208/Mkvenner/Vamo.jpg
gunluva
Data [Authenticated]

Re: 719 Hz is an image

Unread post by gunluva »

jimmywilson wrote:Glad I could help out guys. been lurking for a while, was waiting for some audio to play with. I know that image sound anywhere. if anyone is wondering you can get free software to make your own here http://hem.passagen.se/rasmuse/Coagula.htm and demo software to view them here http://www.visualizationsoftware.com/gram.html
These toys are addictive...
Darkendes
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Darkendes »

I didn't really notice until I looked at the animated .gif, but it kinda looks like one of the spokes is piercing the moon (I'm guessing that spherical shape just above Earth is the moon.) There have been a few subtle hints that Bungie's given us regarding the moon's importance in the Halo storyline, I wouldn't be surprised if I'm right.

It could also be my eyes playing tricks on me, though. What do you guys think?
pterodactyl
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by pterodactyl »

I have thought long and hard about it and I think that the Ark is what's buried under the deserts of Africa. Bungie has said that it would be a Forerunner Artifact. The center sphere is, in fact, the Earth, and the rings of the image are no other than a representation of the Halo installations! The Ark contains the technology to remote activate all the rings. If the Ark isn't in South Africa, it's definitely on the moon.
coloneloneill
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by coloneloneill »

what if the moon isnt really a moon rather its ahidden dyson's sphere?
beelzebub
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by beelzebub »

Okay, here's some stuff I played with this morning, with help from Zip, sharpsniper99 and Ryu.

First, to convince myself that this is in fact the Earth, I plotted a spectrogram with contour lines on it. That sort of outlines the blobs in the center and makes it look more convincingly like Europe/Africa/Asia.

Next, I noted that the left and right channels of the image are slightly different, offset by a little bit. This is a common trick in stereograms. We can cheaply combine them into a single image by using them as red and blue channels and employing our handy 3D glasses that we all have lying around in our desk drawers. Pull 'em out:
Image (Image courtesy of Zip).

I unfortunately lost my desk drawer, but sharpsniper99 assures me that the bit in the center (the Earth) stands out above the rest:
Image (Image courtesy of sharpsniper99)
Last edited by beelzebub on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
.Zip
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by .Zip »

It's really hard to make a spectogram like that ... It can be a coïncidence ...

Another idea : the creators of the arg have a log that transform a spectrogram into a sound ^^
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

Hmm looking at it a bit more I would want confirmation that it does actually look 3D – anyone else with glasses able to confirm its 3d’ness?

And yeah it either looks like a mountain or the earth in the centre there (where I highlighted in green)

Im wondering what the stuff around the earth is though – intriguing

i also wonder how were suposed to use the 719 frequency in the filename - and where all this is suposed to lead us
jimmywilson
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by jimmywilson »

.Zip wrote:It's really hard to make a spectogram like that ... It can be a coïncidence ...

Another idea : the creators of the arg have a log that transform a spectrogram into a sound ^^
Its actually simple. download coagula, open .bmp, export .wav. thats it. after you make a couple you'll see you can't hide anything in the image. Its based on color = pitch. It's an exact copy of the image bungie originally used so everything in the image shows up on the spectrogram. Coagula is a 3D color note organ so the picture can be 3D but you would see everything with or without glasses.