[Updated] 719 Hz is a hidden image

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

jimmywilson
Data [Conditional]

Re: 719 Hz is an image

Unread post by jimmywilson »

DocOctavius wrote:Here is an animated gif showing the left and right channels of that spectrograph:

http://www.yayap.com/iris/image_lr_channels.gif
Are those really continents, or just noise? Notice how they're different between the 2 channels, but the symbol is the same?
From my experience with spectrograms you usually get some noise in the image. I don't really think its anything.
SoUtHEaStJaY619
Data [Undefined]

Re: [Updated] 719 Hz is a hidden image

Unread post by SoUtHEaStJaY619 »

it sorta looks like all the server glyphs put together
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

brilliant find! - i think this is definatly the route we should be taking with the arg - MS wouldnt have hidden it like they did for no reason

now we just have to fugre out what the next step is - how do we use this image to find a website - phone number or anything else we can use

"The file is called "719 Hz". I marked 719 Hz on the spectrogram with the marker, as you can see when the frequency marker is at 719 Hz (sorry 721 Hz, that's the closest I could get) it is located over southern africa. Maybe helpful?"

i dont know what we can do - theyre obviusly pointing at south africa for a reason but why?
3zz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by 3zz »

The Ark perhaps?

Anyway, great great great find, truely brilliant. Definately looks like the design around the Earth is the template for the glyphs, corresponding to the phase of the moon, and therefore the date. I wonder if this is all there is to be done with the file, or that maybe theres more manipulation to be done.

I bet the ARG masters are getting pretty tired of this, they throw us a bone to keep us busy, and the hivemind disects it completely within minutes.
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dundradal »

We are the modern "flood" gravemind. We acquire each other's knowledge and use it for our greater goal.
beowulf
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by beowulf »

Perhaps the number 719 is significant. I don't know much about image spectrography but when making an image like this could they have chose a different frequency rather then 719. If so, then that would encourage me to investigate the number 719 more.

Perhaps something will happen on 7/19/07?

719 to base 7 = 2045.

~Beowulf
SPARTAN_G294
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SPARTAN_G294 »

Perhaps something will happen at 10:45 PM on July 19th?
beelzebub
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by beelzebub »

After some playing around, I'm unconvinced that the center of the image is actually the earth. The image seems too noisy for that much detail to be present, and especially for us to have to glean information from the extremely small map in the center. Maybe 719Hz is something else - the sampling frequency we're supposed to use for the FFT for this spectrogram, for example?
SPARTAN_G294
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by SPARTAN_G294 »

Well, we can try but right now the current image seems to fit in quite nicely.
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

Sorry if I'm being an idiot, but what the hell is a spectrogram/graph?