Supposedly 'important location' in Boston

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

3zz
Data [Conditional]

Supposedly 'important location' in Boston

Unread post by 3zz »

So, after seeing the map of where the important area was exactly I figured maybe it was ILB all over again and there was a payphone there. The 'satelite' option didnt zoom in enough to my likings, so I used google earth instead.

The coordinates wouldnt work in google earth so instead I looked it up manually. I am 100% sure Im looking at the same thing, but all I see is some kind of factory/dock and the coordinates lead to a parking lot for trucks to load. Not a commuters trainstation. There is a train station further up north-west though, so it mightve been a mistake on either my or someone elses part.

Here it is:
3d buildings turned on to help me find the place
Theres a little info baloon close to there, so I checked it out. It seems to be nothing important, just some idiot who cant tell a barge from a vent (Who would put vents like that in water anyway?!)

Lookie:
Nothing useful if you ask me, but we could check out where the post was made and all.

3d buildings turned off+closeup:
Now its sucks that the picture was taken at a slight angle, with causes the column to obsruct our view of its the left side, but I think its safe to say its slightly unlikely that Bungie would place information of such a strange, remote, and hazardous (its bad PR when someone gets run over by a truck whilst sneaking into prohibited terrain to get your info) enviornment.

So I think this area isnt all as physically important as I had hoped, any other ideas?
FrenzyTheKillbot
Data [Conditional]

Re: Supposedly 'important location' in Boston

Unread post by FrenzyTheKillbot »

actually, that is a little weird, because i know that the coordinates for one of the california locations was also a parking spot/lot.
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dundradal »

I went to this spot on the 7th and looked everywhere there is nothing there.
caboose0070
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by caboose0070 »

there just the center of the cities people DO NOT GO TO THEM as said above you will find nothing

gotta read those stickies people
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dundradal »

I went there before we knew that, although I'm not sure the middle of South Station in Boston is the middle of the city.
Corbob
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Corbob »

Wait a second, if these points are in the middle of the city how are there two points in one location?
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Gentlemen, please read the Forum's stickies--THIS ONE, in particular--before posting these kinds of threads. If an actual address comes up in the course of this ARG, that would be worth investigating and then posting a new thread about.

Thanks. Locking this now.

.F.