Be on the lookout for a fake email

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

DMK
Data [Undefined]

Be on the lookout for a fake email

Unread post by DMK »

Look what I found in my inbox today.

I got an email from this guy named Auxiliary Respondent. It mentions "the numbers" and how when they "reach nothing", something will be "reawakened", and "the adjutant will reappear".
Subject: Syssstim Errorr/?
Date: June 20, 2007 11:13:18 AM PDT
To: auxiliaryrespondent@gmail.com

Restart......Open Boot Log....reboot.exe,online.exe,communication.exe,systemoverride.exe...... All Systems Back Online, New Commands Issued.........Reaquire the accomplices..........Send Assignment..... Excuse my incorrect linguistics....My communication software is in a very fragile state....The liar is still among us.....He deceived many with his superficial goodbye.......We must await the moment he returns, for that is when we strike.......Observe the numbers.....When they reach nothing.....The initiation of the sequence shall begin......Something will be reawakened......The adjutant will reappear....So will its employer.......Wait for the intiation......It will be brief......If you miss the opportunity.......All chances of defeating the enemy shall be withdrawn. -Auxiliary Respondent
Just thought I'd post it. It's quite obviously a fake, since the subject is "syssstim error/?"
The really puzzling thing is how his email address ended up in the "to" slot, where my address usually is when someone sends me email.

Whoever sent this just busted themselves.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Be on the lookout for a fake email

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

yup, its fake, noticed because of the @gmail.com part
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Be on the lookout for a fake email

Unread post by Ibeechu »

DMK wrote:Look what I found in my inbox today.

I got an email from this guy named Auxiliary Respondent. It mentions "the numbers" and how when they "reach nothing", something will be "reawakened", and "the adjutant will reappear".
Subject: Syssstim Errorr/?
Date: June 20, 2007 11:13:18 AM PDT
To: auxiliaryrespondent@gmail.com

Restart......Open Boot Log....reboot.exe,online.exe,communication.exe,systemoverride.exe...... All Systems Back Online, New Commands Issued.........Reaquire the accomplices..........Send Assignment..... Excuse my incorrect linguistics....My communication software is in a very fragile state....The liar is still among us.....He deceived many with his superficial goodbye.......We must await the moment he returns, for that is when we strike.......Observe the numbers.....When they reach nothing.....The initiation of the sequence shall begin......Something will be reawakened......The adjutant will reappear....So will its employer.......Wait for the intiation......It will be brief......If you miss the opportunity.......All chances of defeating the enemy shall be withdrawn. -Auxiliary Respondent
Just thought I'd post it. It's quite obviously a fake, since the subject is "syssstim error/?"
The really puzzling thing is how his email address ended up in the "to" slot, where my address usually is when someone sends me email.

Whoever sent this just busted themselves.
Someone in IRC said it perfectly yesterday: All AIs apparently use GMail. Yes, it's fake, so I'm moving this to the hoax board (if I can, not sure about my awesome mod powers quite yet)

EDIT: Rawr, I guess I havn't the power. Instead, I'll just lock this.