The Event

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

The Event

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

As this term is still unclear, I'm pretty sure the question was answered, but still left a lot of room for error.
The transcripts from this site wrote:Alias: AdjutantReflex
Date: June 11, 2007 @ 11:48 a.m.

"calm down, I rather not piss this think off."
- R3VO7VER

LOL. Whats the worst that can happen? Hitting the galactic reset button?
- haloman88

Show caution here. Semantics may leave room for misinterpretation. That event has already transpired. Threats to array integrity will be taken seriously.
If the theory that the 'Event' is in fact the Halos firing, then this would help prove it as well as give us a hint on why the Halos were created. It's already been made clear they are a last-resort weapon, so I'd imagine 'galactic reset' would be something to be used when absolutely necessary.

However, this still doesn't not answer what "the incident" is. I believe that to be the flood infecting the universe.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: The Event

Unread post by endejas »

with "that" I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Halos firing.

"A weapon of last resort built by the Forerunner to eliminate potential Flood hosts." - 343 Guilty Spark
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Re: The Event

Unread post by bovine politics »

The Se7enth Prophet wrote:As this term is still unclear, I'm pretty sure the question was answered, but still left a lot of room for error.
The transcripts from this site wrote:Alias: AdjutantReflex
Date: June 11, 2007 @ 11:48 a.m.

"calm down, I rather not piss this think off."
- R3VO7VER

LOL. Whats the worst that can happen? Hitting the galactic reset button?
- haloman88

Show caution here. Semantics may leave room for misinterpretation. That event has already transpired. Threats to array integrity will be taken seriously.
If the theory that the 'Event' is in fact the Halos firing, then this would help prove it as well as give us a hint on why the Halos were created. It's already been made clear they are a last-resort weapon, so I'd imagine 'galactic reset' would be something to be used when absolutely necessary.

However, this still doesn't not answer what "the incident" is. I believe that to be the flood infecting the universe.
Yup.

In the event that the Flood reach a state where their numbers are too great to control, the Halos would be activated to kill their food and deny them control of the galaxy.