View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:43 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 The Event 
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post The Event
As this term is still unclear, I'm pretty sure the question was answered, but still left a lot of room for error.

The transcripts from this site wrote:
Alias: AdjutantReflex
Date: June 11, 2007 @ 11:48 a.m.

"calm down, I rather not piss this think off."
- R3VO7VER

LOL. Whats the worst that can happen? Hitting the galactic reset button?
- haloman88

Show caution here. Semantics may leave room for misinterpretation. That event has already transpired. Threats to array integrity will be taken seriously.

If the theory that the 'Event' is in fact the Halos firing, then this would help prove it as well as give us a hint on why the Halos were created. It's already been made clear they are a last-resort weapon, so I'd imagine 'galactic reset' would be something to be used when absolutely necessary.

However, this still doesn't not answer what "the incident" is. I believe that to be the flood infecting the universe.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:11 am
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post Re: The Event
with "that" I'm pretty sure he's referring to the Halos firing.

"A weapon of last resort built by the Forerunner to eliminate potential Flood hosts." - 343 Guilty Spark

Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:15 am
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post Re: The Event
The Se7enth Prophet wrote:
As this term is still unclear, I'm pretty sure the question was answered, but still left a lot of room for error.

The transcripts from this site wrote:
Alias: AdjutantReflex
Date: June 11, 2007 @ 11:48 a.m.

"calm down, I rather not piss this think off."
- R3VO7VER

LOL. Whats the worst that can happen? Hitting the galactic reset button?
- haloman88

Show caution here. Semantics may leave room for misinterpretation. That event has already transpired. Threats to array integrity will be taken seriously.

If the theory that the 'Event' is in fact the Halos firing, then this would help prove it as well as give us a hint on why the Halos were created. It's already been made clear they are a last-resort weapon, so I'd imagine 'galactic reset' would be something to be used when absolutely necessary.

However, this still doesn't not answer what "the incident" is. I believe that to be the flood infecting the universe.

Yup.

In the event that the Flood reach a state where their numbers are too great to control, the Halos would be activated to kill their food and deny them control of the galaxy.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:16 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]