We May Have To Largen Spam Enforcement.

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

We May Have To Largen Spam Enforcement.

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

In the past couple of weeks, I have seen new users register ONLY to post cheap cell phone ads on our site. If this goes any further, we may have to close registrations to the forum until better anti-bot measures has been deployed.

~UnrealCh13f
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Re: We May Have To Largen Spam Enforcement.

Unread post by LordOsiris »

I say we close them anyways. There is nothing going on right now, so I'm guessing the amount of real people trying to sign up for the site is minimal at best.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

I'll agree to the suggestion of closing user registration. It HAS been a while, and so as long as we are all ready to go when the next one shows up... or if anything at bungie smells fishy, this shouldn't be a problem, should it?
Besides, it kind of bursts my blissful bubble to arrive here and find the newest thing to be a list of sales prices.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

I agree with that suggestion. I will PM Wu Thursday (way too busy the next couple of days) to shut down new user registration.

If another mod wants to do my job, go ahead. Just edit this post when you have made contact.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contacted LoneRanger2.5 to shut down registrations as of 8:36 PM PST 3/26/09

~Unreal
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

Dead. Keep moving.