ABO's Future

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

ABO's Future

Unread post by Avateur »

Here's what I posted at HBO:
The thing with ABO is, if another ARG starts up here, I don't know how it's going to work. We (the mods) at ABO think it'd be good to split ABO in two, one part Iris (and most likely inactive), the other part whatever this ARG will be. We'd change the Index name from "Iris" to "Bungie Args" or something like that, too. That's the theory, though. I think we're keeping ABO locked until we come to a conclusion, or until Wu decides what's best for it. We'll try and make it fast, though.
I'm sure Wu will think of something, and if not the Admins here will definitely become more active now that the Superintendent is back, and they can always make the final decision. To everyone whose account is disabled or who is trying to make a new account, please remain calm. ;) We'll have ABO back up and running [for the general public] as soon as we get everything figured out!

Thanks for your patience!

-Avateur
LordOsiris
Data [Authenticated]

Re: ABO's Future

Unread post by LordOsiris »

My Two Cents:
-Archive Iris Discussions, but do not allow more posts. Just use those for references.
-Section For Current ARG.
-Off Topic Forum.
I'm not completely sure about the off topic forum, though. It may just get spammed. If the Mods are up to it, I think it could work.
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

This is an interesting roadblock, actually. Logic could pull us in several different ways.

I personally think we could keep Iris discussion alive by just making another part of the forum. For example:

General
- Superintendent
- Iris
- Etc.

Resources
- Superintendent
- Iris
- Etc.

It seems wrong to outright kill all Iris discussion, as it was a very interesting ARG from a story perspective. Besides, there will surely be points brought up in Superintendent that are relevant to Iris, and there needs to be a place for that discussion.
Samusaaron3
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Samusaaron3 »

I agree with LoneRanger 2.5

I think its just best to set up subsections for the forum.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

We have almost come to a decision. We'll definitely have this decided by the end of the week, though we're aiming to get it figured out well before Friday. Remember, though, this may not even turn out to be an ARG. We'll see. Pardon our dust.

Thanks for the patience!
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

I fully agree - subsections. Unfiction does the same in managing multiple args. There's no reason to remove or lock down Iris - this is ARGS.bungie.org ;) just re-organize to section off Iris from any future arg-related bungie campaign.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

New user registration is back online. ABO will also be revamped to accomodate whatever it is that this Superintendent thing will be either later today/tonight or tomorrow. - Avateur
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Avateur wrote:New user registration is back online. ABO will also be revamped to accomodate whatever it is that this Superintendent thing will be either later today/tonight or tomorrow. - Avateur
I think it's funny that you ended it with "- Avateur" as if there have been instances where some other mod has posted under your username.

It's authenticating that I am not Mendicant Bias or taken over by some other AI.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

well, don't we send emails signing off with our name, when quite often our name is in our email? :P
but yes, it made me lol too