Out of the Ashes.. SOON!

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Tural
Data [Conditional]

Out of the Ashes.. SOON!

Unread post by Tural »

A new page has come to light, featuring lots of sevens.
http://1019foxfm.net/
The WHOIS is a decoy, so a few say (Page didn't exist before August 2007, etc), there's a bunch of sevens, and the most compelling thing I noticed is that much of the code on this new 'radio station' page is very similar, word-for-word in many cases, to the ILB stuff, as documented here.
My source for initial story:
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/08 ... ouncement/

Could we be looking at the new Bungie ARG?
What shall this one be called? I'm thinkin' Phoenix. =p

I know this is the Iris board, but there isn't anywhere else to put it really, and I figure it's the ARG section of the site, so it belongs here more than anywhere. It can't be pinned specifically to Halo, but this is a general Bungie site. If this doesn't turn out to be Bungie, the people who made it went out of their way to make it look Bungie-related. Biggest thing I see against it is that the podcast specifically referred to July 14th, and this goes to the 17th, so it may just be a very elaborate hoax. We'll see.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Out of the Ashes.. SOON!

Unread post by Ibeechu »

I dunno about you guys, but I think I'm ready for another adventure :D
wargamer_17
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by wargamer_17 »

Ya, i've been seeing ppl talk about this everywhere. I remember following Iris on this site, and the IRC channel. Thought this would be a good place to come back to for this possible new ARG. Is there still an IRC channel active to talk about this stuff? if so, what is it? I'd like to get back to it again. I remember during Iris it was really active and helpful.
Samusaaron3
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Samusaaron3 »

While I wish this was real, it just looks too fake. I don't think Bungie would re-use the ILB style countdown.; they seem to do something new each time. I also think that all of the 7s seem a little bit too fake; if it was real, it would be way to easy to find out what the website was about.
wargamer_17
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by wargamer_17 »

But why would it match the countdown on the ilovebees site? The ilovebees site was made for, and function as an ARG site, so it can't be fake from there, can it?
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

yes, I'm still skeptical... but I'm more bothered (and/or humoured) by the fact that a little mistaken anlysis of ilovebees.com has people running around like ilovebees content has been updated with new stuff.

It's exactly the same as it's been for years :P *sigh*

just reported on it...

still intrigued to watch what happens though... coincidence that two bungie-related mysteries have surfaced simultaneously though, even if they are two different dates.

But yes, I'm siding right now with the radio station resurfacing, but 'borrowing' the ILB pop-culture element to gain exposure...
If it does turn out to be station-related, after adopting Bungie's 'style' of using 7's, there's going to be one hell of a backlash from the bungie community :P
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

http://unscdf.planethalo.gamespy.com/un ... hhack.html

I hacked up the html

this is what happens when it hits 0
SyrupHorder
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SyrupHorder »

I may be going out on a limb here but...
Halo Wars ARG?

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=59544840
I also found this but probably nothing just thought it was
interesting that it had a vid called the end of the world in it.
davemd
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by davemd »

Could the "Out of the Ashes", as in a pheonix, reference, possibly be a hint of the return of the forerunner?
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

I think that's stretching it a bit. Because, with that reasoning, it could also be the return of the Gravemind, return of Johnson, return of Foehammer, return of Guilty Spark, return of the other SPARTANs, return of Durandal, etc. The most likely candidate, in my mind, is Phoenix, the scrapped Bungie project before Halo.