Out of the Ashes.. SOON!

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Out of the Ashes.. SOON!

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

Idk. Tru7h.net has me wondering. All the Marathon stuff. But why Latin? Or... what I believe is so, it seems like it, and the new Bungie Day theme also. I'm ready for some more ARG action. I fell in love with IRIS (as you can tell by the tattoo) and I've been dying for something new. Out of the Ashes has got me all giddy inside, can't wait! 8 more days!
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Well, there was a game that Bungie was making at one point codenamed Phoenix...
DiscipleN2k
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DiscipleN2k »

I hate to dissappoint, but it does indeed appear to just be an internet radio station using the ILB thing to announce its return. The author of the web page, DJ Lace, was mentioned in someone's myspace post here. And there are even forums for the station that appear to have died out about a year ago. Not saying it's impossible that all of this was set up in advance, but it seems really unlikely since nothing but the style of that one page seems to point to anything in the world of Bungie.
Gatchaman UK
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Gatchaman UK »

One point: There are seven 7's.

Also, dis7ribu7ed reflex? like Adjudant reflex, possibly a clue that it is Bungie, or someone who wants to copy IRIS.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Tru7h.net is ancient, a fan site created like ago for Marathon. It's nothing. As for this radio station thing, the fact that Unreal was able to make a hack of the HTML at all tells me that it's not run by Microsoft or Bungie. We could never do anything like that during Iris, so why would we be able to do it now? I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong so that we can have some great fun, though. It's something to watch for now.
Van Helsing
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Van Helsing »

It's not really a hack,

You just download the source and set the target, or today's date in such a way that the timer will finish in no-time.

And indeed - Microsoft would be a little more elaborate than this.
wargamer_17
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by wargamer_17 »

But it shouldn't be up to Microsoft anymore. It's up to bungie. But ya, they likely would be more careful with that. Oh well, we'll have to wait till E3 to spark something new I guess. *Phoenix*.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Honestly, it is just a hoax setup by someone to make the public think that Bungie is working on Phoenix again.

Second of all, I think someone has said this before, possibly myself, but the Distributed Reflex is a reference to the first Halo ARG, I Love Bees. http://www.ilovebees.com

It is taken from the SPDR, or the System Peril Distributed Reflex.

In fact, the entire page is a copy-paste from the ILB site, other than the addition of 7s taking the place of Ts.
UnrealCh13f
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by UnrealCh13f »

Van Helsing wrote:It's not really a hack,

You just download the source and set the target, or today's date in such a way that the timer will finish in no-time.

And indeed - Microsoft would be a little more elaborate than this.
yup
davemd
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by davemd »

Have we determined whether this site is actually halo/bungie related or not? And is it just me that the counter has changed to 24 days, 3 hours till end now?