XMTS Discussion [UPDATED EVERYONE READ!]

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

AdjutantReflex
Data [Undefined]

XMTS Discussion [UPDATED EVERYONE READ!]

Unread post by AdjutantReflex »

Note: Real Identity Hidden, Used AR's Name To Mask Real Poster

As you might already know, Microsoft is hosting up this "X Marks The Spot" scavenger hunt going on... If you don't know about this, this is what it is all about
http://www.xbox360xmts.com/ wrote:X MARKS THE SPOT FOR XBOX 360 PRIZES AND OTHER GIVEAWAYS FROM PARTNERS LIKE PONTIAC, adidas, BEACHES, ZUNE, MOUNTAIN DEW, RED OCTANE, EA, AND MANY MORE.

Welcome to the ultimate online contest for gamers and puzzle solvers.

This online scavenger hunt has it all: action, adventure, racing, simulation, multiplayer role-playing and fantasy.

Not a gamer? No worries. Your mission is simple: Solve 360 clues and find 360 words with green X's hidden all over the web.

Each word you spot will enter you to win Daily and Weekly Prizes, including free Xbox 360 Game consoles, Xbox accessories, Xbox apparel, and games like Halo3, Bioshock, Gears of War and Guitar Hero III.

Grand Prize: A Pontiac G6 Coupe GXP.

Microsoft has partnered with Gamestop, Mountain Dew, Activision, Panasonic, Samsung Mobile and others to give you more chances to win this exclusive Xbox 360 X Marks the Spot promotion.

Start exploring here. X Marks the Spot to win.
--------------------------------------------------------------

EVERYONE LOOK BELOW!!!!!!
philliplynx wrote:
edit: I found a site that had all 10 listed. Are we posting the codes here or just the URLs?
Alright, im pretty sure that everyone knows about this site by now... http://www.smmguru.com

Basically, he gives pretty much all of the answers and lets "leechers" pretty much take all answers from there. Of course, it is unfair to the people who has a rank of 12 (me) and decreases all of our chances of winning by so much...

In addition, all of his traffic at the end of all of this, pretty much gives him $1000+ dollers because of all of the AD's, etc. on his site...

The worst part of it all, HE HACKS TO GET ALL OF THE ANSWERS!!!

The following is proof...
www.smmguru.com wrote:
SOAP Application?
In this case SOAP is known as a Service Oriented Architecture Protocol. It allows you to exchange XML-based messages over computer networks, normally using HTTP/HTTPS. What does this mean? It means that all of Microsoft’s answers must somehow be easily updated for the user, and interface with the flash website. They use XML to store the answers for the flash app. PHP also has features that will allow you to work with SOAP services. You simply make a post request to the service and operation from Xservices and the request will be returned with the corresponding XML. Then for the extra mile I parse the returned XML with MagicParser to give me a nice little list of the answers. So all it takes is one click for all the answers

ALMOST EVERYONE LOSES EXCEPT FOR SMMGURU WHO GRABS $1000+ DOLLARS IN THE END OF ALL OF THIS!

Now, I and the people back in a certain IRC server that was used for IRIS have created a thread on how this is possible...

http://forums.xbox.com/16767489/ShowPost.aspx#16767489

What can you do to help? KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE AND BRING IT TO M$'s ATTENTION! ALSO EVERYONE CALL UP 1-800-4MY-XBOX (This Number Is Off Official Rules) AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS GUY "TAMPERING" WITH THE GAME AND GET HIS A** DQed...

AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Re: X Marks The Spot Game Discussion

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

Shouldn't be a problem here, we did get all 5 servers :]]
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

Something is getting screwed up here... I entered in the first two no problem, then when I moved on to the next, it said Wrong Answer, but it was most definitely correct. Tried it a few more times, same thing, so I moved on, found the next, tried it, Wrong Answer again. No matter which one I try, I still get a wrong answer! Anyone else run into this? Solutions?

EDIT: OK, well I got one of them to work, but I am still unable to enter in the answers for #4 and #10. Not really sure what is up (maybe I am just entering the wrong word, but that would be weird as it is pretty blatant which word is the solution).
For #4 I have tried: [removed] (seen at the above link) and [removed] (seen at the link from the sponsors page)
For #10 I have tried: [removed] (seen at the link on the sponsors page) and [removed] (seen at the ultimate family page on the site)
I also tried a ton of variations on those words, different suffixes, misspellings, etc. Oh, and nearly every other word on the pages that had an X in it, just for the hell of it. I am not looking for a hand-out of the answer, just someone please tell me whether or not they've gotten it and lemme know if I should keep looking for another word. Thanks!
philliplynx
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by philliplynx »

Clue #005:

[removed]

edit: I found a site that had all 10 listed. Are we posting the codes here or just the URLs?
ii otnemem ii

philliplynx wrote:Clue #005:

Update: I got all of them -- the site was freaking out last night. I had the right words, but it wasn't giving me credit for them. Anyway, it is apparently fixed now, entered them in a few minutes ago.

As far as the answers, you guys all know that it doesn't do anyone any good to post either the link or the answer, right? I mean, the more people that have all the answers, the more ballots there are, the less likely you are going to win anything. You wouldn't give away money to someone just so they could buy a raffle ticket at a fair, would you? And if you did, and they actually won, you'd kinda expect that they shared the prize a little, right? Well, you can't do that here! So please, I beg you, act in your best interest don't post links or answers, and urge people to play responsibly on other forums as well.

We don't need another Server Key sniping epidemic! :shock:

EDIT: Thank you mods for keeping the spirit of the contest with your lovely redactions! :D
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Alright. Got screwed last night because it refused to let me answer #5 (until about 12 hours later), and now I just got screwed out of #11 because of 20+ guesses. I'm giving the answer to #11 because of Microsoft's failure at stuff, like always. The answer is actually in the Half-Life Episode 2 section. The answer is exiting. Don't delete this. Microsoft sucks too horribly and has screwed me and many others with this contest. I was ranked 14 and all I needed was "exiting." Now I'm ranked 194 and still going up because I can't enter anything else anymore. Great job Microsoft! RUN TIME ERRORs, things not being able to be answered, and now wrong clues. They need to get their marketing game up. Damn.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

Avateur wrote:Alright. Got screwed last night because it refused to let me answer #5 (until about 12 hours later), and now I just got screwed out of #11 because of 20+ guesses. I'm giving the answer to #11 because of Microsoft's failure at stuff, like always. The answer is actually in the Half-Life Episode 2 section. The answer is exiting. Unreal, don't delete this. Microsoft sucks too horribly and has screwed me and many others with this contest. I was ranked 14 and all I needed was "exiting." Now I'm ranked 194 and still going up because I can't enter anything else anymore. Great job Microsoft! RUN TIME ERRORs, things not being able to be answered, and now wrong clues. They need to get their marketing game up. Damn.
darn microshaft
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

ATTENTION. THE ANSWER TO 31 IS experimental.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Alright everyone. 45 is expert and 48 needs a capital "A" in Axis. 46 is box.
ii otnemem ii

What's going on with this freakin' contest?! :shock: :shock: :shock: