Some help please

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Some help please

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

could someone give me a rundown of when things occured? I'm updating the history of the incident section but I need to know in what order things started happening, here's what I have so far.
On June 14, 2007 at 3:43 PM PST AdjutantReflex began another thread at Bungie.net entitled, "Who?" with one other post following before going back into hibernation. This posting corresponded to a change at Halo3.com where the main page had been turned into five darkened pictures labled Servers #1-5. All five servers were locked at this time.

Another section of halo3.com was uncovered (http://halo3.com/comic/) with an intriguing comic. Intrepid searchers discovered that the last page of this comic could be manipulated to give an IP address.
Is this basically it?
Lanik
Data [Conditional]

Re: Some help please

Unread post by Lanik »

Sort of. The new page of halo3.com was found through something not online (a newspaper ad for circuit city, an electronics retail store).

Also the countdown has changed, it changed right about midnight my time, which is -5 GMT. But it seems to be time zone sensitive, so that might be why. (And the countdown is in base 7, though it counts down directly relative to base ten time, i.e. 114 seconds of base seven = 60 seconds of our base 10, resulting in a clear ending time for the countdown)

And upon further inspection of the site that you can visit from figuring out the numbers, I found hidden in the page source a pdf file (found here http://206.16.223.63/sota_images/SOTA_membership.pdf)
clearly designed for joining the group. Notable because the current "email to join" links are blank on the website.

Emailing to the listed address gives you a returned email as unable to be delivered, but emailing to doyougrok@206.16.223.63 does not. The lunar cycle is starting up again soon...

A blog on myspace was discovered mentioning the SOTA site before it became common knowledge to us pursuers of knowledge, but the person who posted it seems to be a random minor actor, and it's not clear whether he is fully in the ARG, or if his involvement is no more than to just post what he did post and leave it at that.

The countdown appears to be counting down to the seasonal solstice.

This is the extent of my current knowledge on the topic. Much of it unfolded in our Cradle of Life thread.