28th Theory.

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Zero
Data [Authenticated]

28th Theory.

Unread post by Zero »

Remember when Jonas said that on the 28th he will be back, On another note it is the full moon and X07 but think on the 28th is when Mars is the closest to earth it has ever been it will be the size of the moon view to the earth.
VoiceofDissent
Data [Conditional]

Re: 28th Theory.

Unread post by VoiceofDissent »

I'm in total agreement that something important is going to happen on the 28th. The full moon and lunar eclipse (in conjunction with the cycle_response image) have me thinking it's going to be something big, I just don't know what.
live faust:die jung
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by live faust:die jung »

Zero wrote:but think on the 28th is when Mars is the closest to earth it has ever been it will be the size of the moon view to the earth.
did you read that in an email, zero? i've seen that one before (about mars appearing as large as the moon), and that is complete myth. it's been going around for something like 4 years...

http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp
sorry man.

may be (probably is) linked to the eclipse, but is not related to mars in any way. also, this is being discussed elsewhere...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1221&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

live faust:die jung wrote:
Zero wrote:but think on the 28th is when Mars is the closest to earth it has ever been it will be the size of the moon view to the earth.
did you read that in an email, zero? i've seen that one before (about mars appearing as large as the moon), and that is complete myth. it's been going around for something like 4 years...

http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp
sorry man.

may be (probably is) linked to the eclipse, but is not related to mars in any way. also, this is being discussed elsewhere...

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1221&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10
Acctually you know that snopes is sometimes false?

It has been proven that Mars would be in earths site and will be close too it to see it.
Sable
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Sable »

Woah woah woah.

No, dude. Seriously. There is no way barring some confluence of astronomical events (By which I mean Mars being placed into another orbit) that Mars will appear the size of the Moon at any point during the lunar cycle, bar none, end of story. It would take an event of cataclysmic scale to move the Red Planet closer to Earth on that scale.

Mars is close in astronomical terms but it's a pinprick of light in the sky - just like Venus. Your statement fails the critical thinking test - basic (astro)physics is only the start. Mars cannot and will not be the size of the Moon on the 28th.
AshofPompei
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by AshofPompei »

Sable wrote:Woah woah woah.

No, dude. Seriously. There is no way barring some confluence of astronomical events (By which I mean Mars being placed into another orbit) that Mars will appear the size of the Moon at any point during the lunar cycle, bar none, end of story. It would take an event of cataclysmic scale to move the Red Planet closer to Earth on that scale.

Mars is close in astronomical terms but it's a pinprick of light in the sky - just like Venus. Your statement fails the critical thinking test - basic (astro)physics is only the start. Mars cannot and will not be the size of the Moon on the 28th.
True. Smartest thing I've heard in the last few days.
Zero
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Zero »

Nevermind it happened on the 27th of 2003 please close this.