Server 5 opening Discussion

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

neiox
Data [Undefined]

Re: Server 5 opening Discussion

Unread post by neiox »

to find the center of a triangle you must make a perpendicular line for each side of the triangle, that bisects that side. The intersection of the three perpendicular lines is the center of the triangle.
Last edited by neiox on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
SyrupHorder
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SyrupHorder »

I don't mean to attack any theories, but are we sure that there will be events in the
designated cities on TAL? It really could be another puzzle, or might relate to something else.
It's never been proven that there are events occuring in these cities, despite it being most likely.

EDIT: Stop talking about triangles before The Lock Ness Monster attacks.
That's a good pun, Lock Ness...
Last edited by SyrupHorder on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ghost »

Does anyone know of a website or program with which I would be able to draw the exact altitudes (and the like) of this triangle so we can see what the exact centres are?

(P.S.: I believe that Salt Lake City is the "barycenter" of the triangle.)
aceplace
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by aceplace »

Why is everyone so confident that Salt Lake City is related?
Last edited by aceplace on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kashaku »

neiox wrote:to find the center of a triangle you must make a perpendicular line for each side of the triangle, that divides that bisects that side. The intersection of the three perpendicular lines is the center of the triangle.
which apparently in this case is, or is extremely close to SLC

...I have a feeling though that tonight the scrambling text will be revealed as something else entirely, sparking another wild goose chase...just keep that in mind so we all don't focus on SLC and find out that that was just a happy little coinsidence...
Ghost
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ghost »

neiox wrote:to find the center of a triangle you must make a perpendicular line for each side of the triangle, that bisects that side. The intersection of the three perpendicular lines is the center of the triangle.
What you're refering to is the circumcenter.
SyrupHorder wrote:EDIT: Stop talking about triangles before The Lock Ness Monster attacks.
What we're talking about right now, we hope will lead to a clue about opening the 5th Episode, so it is entirely relevent.
neiox
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by neiox »

yeah, knowing bungie it could be anything

Pointing out the obvious is not keeping to the topic. Future posts such as this will be deleted. It's going to be busy enough as it is tonight, so please abide by the rules and warnings we've given.

_F_
V1-R0
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by V1-R0 »

I hope whatever happens tonight won't limit the people not in NY, LA, or Seattle from opening the Server. Otherwise it be a pretty lame ending to the ARG for us (IF it ends at 5)

DITTO.

_F_
Crimson Shade
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Crimson Shade »

Rubicant2112 wrote:I just tried to get to the topsecret.xml and was unable to. Anyone else having this issue?
Sorry, I missed this.
Wats topsecret.xml? :oops:

Edit: anyone found a Bounce path control local yet?
Last edited by Crimson Shade on Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kashaku »

please tell me if this is just in my head...are the stars on TAL dissapearing even faster then before...if not I guess I'm just losing it :shock: