SERVER 5 PENDING! [Discussion Thread]

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

AfRo SaUcE
Data [Authenticated]

Re: SERVER 5 PENDING! [Discussion Thread]

Unread post by AfRo SaUcE »

Yeah there aren't server errors, and if there is just log out and back in
BootsMcGavin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by BootsMcGavin »

I was looking up stuff on the chinese alligator... i happened to run across a site called ARKive.org featuring a chinese alligator... thought there might be something since the site literally had ARK in caps, but there was nothing there...

i went back to the sample1000101.txt and looked at some of the first lines... i think theres some stuff that is just going over all of our heads. i really dont think they are talking about a chinese alligator at all.

first off, its probably somewhere on here, and i looked in the server 4 thread under resources and it wasnt there, but can someone tell me what 01111010100010101001011011010110101 means?

alright... anomalous correspondace is negative... which means that whatever this genome map is describing doesnt fit into any typical category or pattern, such as an alligator would. also the line right under that... i'm almost 100% that "additional CM analysis unnecessary" means "additional Conservation Measure analysis" is unnecessary, which is indicated by the fact that in Log4 transcript, the words Conservation Measure are capitalized. I googled everything i could think of with conservation measure and couldnt really find anything... hopefully i have a good lead for someone tho
Last edited by BootsMcGavin on Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

I'm going to say this once and only once. The podcast information is unrelated to Iris. Nothing new has changed. Stop spamming and posting hours old information. When new information arises, as it did with Server 4, ABO will erupt and there will be almost unlimited speech rights. Until that time, hold your tongues and be patient.

Hundreds of posts have already been deleted. Warnings are about to end. The only warning you all have been given is now a Sticky by The Se7enth Prophet. We will begin to take more aggressive action if this doesn't stop. We're all excited and we're all anxious, but please think before posting and actually read through what's been said. Thank you.
InSane_KiD
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by InSane_KiD »

Im just brainstorming and seeing as this wasnt mention in the DNA forum, maybe the flood could be a similar organism to these gators. I mean when you think about how scientists say that alligators are the last real dinosaurs and that they survived whatever killed the rest of them, it makes you think of how the rings were said to be fired before, and that the flood still lives. I think there maybe some connection until i remember that server four says they're extragalactic in origin. And alligators arent as far as we know. tell me what you guys think.
RoflSalad
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by RoflSalad »

Maybe it's around those place's timezones that the actual URL will open. o0o
UNSCleric
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by UNSCleric »

The Flood should have been dead, but for some reason, they are hibernated on the Halo installations (at least the two we have been to.) Why would The Forerunners just to build a place to hibernate them? Why give them a way to live?
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

UNSCleric wrote:The Flood should have been dead, but for some reason, they are hibernated on the Halo installations (at least the two we have been to.) Why would The Forerunners just to build a place to hibernate them? Why give them a way to live?
It's not a way to live, here on Earth, we have containers of smallpox so we can use them for tests to combat other diseases, the Forerunners thought the same.
InSane_KiD
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by InSane_KiD »

as far as i know when a url is out and about on the web then its there. not at a certain place and time. if you can have a url open to a certain area without it being a LAN then someone needs to re-explain to me how the internet works.
Kashaku
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kashaku »

Ok ok...There's alot of talk about the alligators...I don't want your ideas to go unheard so go to the DNA thread before your posts get deleted....I'm not trying to minimod, just giving an extra heads up...

As of right now though...all this speculation about the alligators and the flood, and what not are valid, but here it's only distracting at least me on the issue at hand...an issue that will only be solved tonight when it's supposed to...
Ghost
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ghost »

Kashaku, there doesn't seem to be much to talk about at the moment anyway.