server 5 stuff has been found already

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Re: server 5 stuff has been found already

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Where is the homepromo?
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

Lurono wrote:Not like we have anything else going on right now.
SyrupHorder wrote:Nice find EliteSniper117
I'm gonna go ahead and start snoopin' around for clues.
Sos far the main clues were found in a countdown timer page, a phone call recording, a wal-mart kiosk, a century-old cipher, a concept art image, a poem, a crazy author, a frozen nebula, and a date. What's left now? A hidden message in a Halo 3 promo 7 Eleven slushee?
I can see it now, a hidden IP for greenicecrap.com
I stand corrected :mrgreen:
ii otnemem ii
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by ii otnemem ii »

EliteSniper177 wrote:just thought id mention that the homepromo.swf now shows server 5, no link though, looks like the 16th may be opening day:

http://halo3.com/images/homePromo.swf
Very nice find!
I don't think the 16th will be the actual opening day, though... it doesn't quite fall on a spoke in the Lunar orbit and all others have fit that pattern... it's 2 days off (the 18th = 5th spoke). But if it does, that's cool, too.

Edit: I don't have a prediction for the server opening, BTW, other than that it will open on one of the 5 lunar positions of the glyph. Could be the 18th, 24th, 31st...
Last edited by ii otnemem ii on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SyrupHorder
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SyrupHorder »

I'd like to add a little tidbit in that I discovered over at GameSpot.
Listen to this:
QUOTE: The representative also revealed that Halo 3 scribe Frank O'Connor is masterminding the current effort. The ARG is set to culminate on September 26, the day after Halo 3 arrives in stores.

Yah here that? I think most people know the Frank O'Connor thing, but now we all have a good idea of the end date for Iris.
This should actually be in that thread for if Iris will end after Server 05.....
Thank God for copy and paste!
ii otnemem ii

SyrupHorder wrote:I'd like to add a little tidbit in that I discovered over at GameSpot.
Listen to this:
QUOTE: The representative also revealed that Halo 3 scribe Frank O'Connor is masterminding the current effort. The ARG is set to culminate on September 26, the day after Halo 3 arrives in stores.

Yah here that? I think most people know the Frank O'Connor thing, but now we all have a good idea of the end date for Iris.
This should actually be in that thread for if Iris will end after Server 05.....
Where did you get this "tidbit"?
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

ii otnemem ii wrote:
SyrupHorder wrote:I'd like to add a little tidbit in that I discovered over at GameSpot.
Listen to this:

Where did you get this "tidbit"?
linky --> http://www.gamespot.com/news/6172675.html
ii otnemem ii

Wow, that's an old article... can't believe I missed that one. Thanks!
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

Edit: Was this found yesterday...? If so, my website didn't refresh then or something, cause I didn't catch it till just now.

If no one has done so, please refresh the Artifact Location website.

I think the sixteenth will be the day server 5 opens.

I only wish there were more cities up there.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Listen to this:
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but that quote isn't accurate, and it's Gamespot's misreading of the information that's the problem.

Follow the link to the original article and you'll find this line about the ARG:
It's designed to give us more information on how the great conflict all began, as we build up to the climactic conclusion of the series on 26th September.
Remember the article this originated with is from a European gamesite, and Halo 3 is being released in Europe on September 26th.
They're saying not that Iris ends 9/26, but (for euro-gamers) the Halo 3 story ends 9/26. Gamespot read it wrong.

Besides, who's going to choose to play Iris once Halo 3 is in their hands? I'm just sayin'.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

move along...
Last edited by thereIwasn't on Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.