Thomas Sanatos

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Thomas Sanatos

Unread post by Avateur »

NateTheNewt wrote:I still think that we should ask Santos what Jonas' theories were, and what was his last conclusion befor he went missing was. It could lead us to something, considering it has been a major focal point of this whole lead that started with the image of the book cover in the Server 3 picture.
From Amazon.com comments directed to Mr. Sanatos:
C.A.Z says:
We understand now that you did not have as much understanding as Jonas concerning this theory, however, you did mention that Jonas' notes remained untouched. Do you have possesion of these notes or could you possibly obtain these notes from wherever they are and post them for us to see? These notes may be crucial in unraveling the mystery behind the Castaway Theory.
pocky
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by pocky »

I am assuming this review from amazon.com is out of game? I saw the book had reviews and this one says something about the "Song of Roland." The song or roland is something to do with Charlemagne and his war on spain but i see no connection.

This book is a real mind-bender! It proposes a new way to look at humanity's evolution (I won't spoil it for you). Check this book out, and make sure to spend extra time reading chapter 7... it contains an excellent interpretation of the medieval classic "Song of Roland."
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Could this simply be a bungie marker? We all know how they enjoy the number 7.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

hmm i think hes hinting that we need to ask questions, ive kinda of just returned to the forums so ive missed loads but i think ive caught up -

perhaps we should ask questions which seem like theyre about the book itself?
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

here's a good question, why does the book cover and diagrams have to do with wave function while the book itself is on human evolution?
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

pocky wrote:I am assuming this review from amazon.com is out of game? I saw the book had reviews and this one says something about the "Song of Roland."
I originally thought the first three reviews there were in game. I wasn't online the moment the book was discovered, but shortly thereafter and the forum posts by Sanatos and the three reviews were already there. However, people have been able to post their own reviews since, and none of the reviews are from our good friend Thomas. I would consider them out of game at this point, as there is no solid way of verifying anything about who wrote the first few. I'm cynical until it's proven otherwise ;)

As for Jonas signing his name J (earlier posts), I wouldn't read too much into this. It's very common to simply sign your initial at the end of an informal note. Almost every professor I ever had did it, and coworkers and superiors at work do it all the time.

I think asking J the questions is the right direction, obviously, as he's answering. I think in order to ask the right questions we should look at the types of questions he's answered so far.

The questions asked and answered have been fairly well articulated. Grammar and punctuation have been mostly good, but not over the top to the point of being an academic style of writing. He's acknowledged that we're playing a game, but clearly the dictates of the game are such that he is not part of it. We shouldn't try to "remove" ourselves from the ARG aspect of what we're doing. We're looking for Jonas to hopefully unlock the next part of the puzzle, and it's okay that we acknowledge that.

He's answered within a reasonable realm of knowledge we can presume he would have, so asking him things like "who took Jonas" or "Why did he disappear" or "what was J's favourite colour" is going to be useless. He knows about the book, his time with Jonas, and apparently had some contact with his friends/publisher since his disappearance.
He is also limiting what he answers to the subject of Jonas' whereabouts, his work, and the puzzle. I don't think asking what type of pasta they ate will produce anything.

What I'm writing is nothing new, so please don't flame with a sarcastic "thanks for the recap Madden". I just thought it was necessary to focus what types of things should be addressed, because the more desparate we get for information, the odder the ideas of the collective whole tend to become.

We should focus on the puzzle: what was Jonas working on, whom did he have contact with, and what's on those two hidden pages.
Thomas is in contact with Golden Wing, perhaps we should ask him to contact the publisher and ask that the pages be opened, in the interest of helping to find Jonas of course.

edit: sorry for the long post
Last edited by Dalthanas on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RighteousFury
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by RighteousFury »

I agree Dalthanes. We need to find out what's on those two pages, and I don't know if Sanatos can tell us, reveal it to us, or have us wait until the right time. I posted a comment to him in the Amazon forums regarding this, so we'll have to wait and see if he responds to my query.
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

I'm not sure if it means anything, but In the last note from Mr. Sanatos they keep expressing the importance of asking questions. If you return to the excerpt, a grand total of two questions are asked
But how often do we stick to that system? How often do we use our modern tools to retest age old assumptions?
What I believe this could mean is that we need to go back and check something that we found before, because it's either
a) changed
or
b) has a different meaning because we now know waht we know.
W.E. 43!!!
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by W.E. 43!!! »

URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halo3 SERVER4 Is set to PENDING!!!!!!!!!
W.E. 43!!!
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by W.E. 43!!! »

Did anyone find anything? Keys, anything about thomas sanatos