Thomas Sanatos

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Squirrel
Data [Conditional]

Re: Thomas Sanatos

Unread post by Squirrel »

KLind wrote:From the Sota Members page:
A note from Dave George:

When I first started SOTA in 1995, I was living in Santa Fe, NM. A neighbor (Aaron Elliot, our current SOTA membership chairman) and I were talking during a backyard BBQ when the conversation turned to a book series (bought on TV and popular at he time) dealing with unsolved ancient mysteries. After a 2-hour discussion, and a brief foray into Aaron’s duplex to find the mysteries book, I became quite interested in ancient artifacts and their relationship to possible extra terrestrials.
Jonas was friends with David George

Surely this is The Castaway Theory...Bought on TV...Aaron had it...Maybe David is also searching for Jonas, or maybe Jonas is Aaron.

Dun dun dun.
no it says that is 1995. the book was published in 2004
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Squirrel wrote:
KLind wrote:From the Sota Members page:
A note from Dave George:

When I first started SOTA in 1995, I was living in Santa Fe, NM. A neighbor (Aaron Elliot, our current SOTA membership chairman) and I were talking during a backyard BBQ when the conversation turned to a book series (bought on TV and popular at he time) dealing with unsolved ancient mysteries. After a 2-hour discussion, and a brief foray into Aaron’s duplex to find the mysteries book, I became quite interested in ancient artifacts and their relationship to possible extra terrestrials.

Surely this is The Castaway Theory...Bought on TV...Aaron had it...Maybe David is also searching for Jonas, or maybe Jonas is Aaron.

Dun dun dun.
Yeah I know its conflicting. But it seems like too much of a coincidence. Anyone want to ask if this is the first print run on Amazon?
Romero715
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Romero715 »

It says on the book that it is a first edition.
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

KLind wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Dun dun dun.
Yeah I know its conflicting. But it seems like too much of a coincidence. Anyone want to ask if this is the first print run on Amazon?[/quote]

No, Sanatos confirmed that it was published in 2004 first with his latest post, telling of Jonas' dissappearance.
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

theteal1 wrote:
KLind wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Dun dun dun.

No, Sanatos confirmed that it was published in 2004 first with his latest post, telling of Jonas' dissappearance.
But surely you see there could be some connection. It's strange coincidence at least.
NateTheNewt
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by NateTheNewt »

anyone else getting the feeling that this book and everything we have gotten from it were all planned out years ago by Bungie and are writen down in the HALO Story Bible? like they wrote this book and had it published 4-5 years ago knowing full well that they were going to do this ARG. Just like the connection with the Cortana Letters and the poems and different pieces of the games and the ARG's. its all ridiculus...

but back to the point, I think the next server will open up when we find Jonas, try asking more specifically what Jonas' theories were, and what was his last conclusion beofr he went missing.
DelfinoM
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by DelfinoM »

W.E. 43!!! wrote:Well here is the link:
Http://www.archaeology.cornell.edu/facu ... olman.html

Any thoughts?
Volman seems to be a real person, records all over the website going a few years back showing he is part of cornell. It just seems to be coincidence.
beelzebub
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by beelzebub »

DelfinoM wrote:
W.E. 43!!! wrote:Well here is the link:
Http://www.archaeology.cornell.edu/facu ... olman.html

Any thoughts?
Volman seems to be a real person, records all over the website going a few years back showing he is part of cornell. It just seems to be coincidence.
This is almost certainly the case. PLEASE, PLEASE do not write to Volman! The last thing a university professor needs is to be bugged by a bunch of yahoos about some video game.
Andorhal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Andorhal »

His intrest fit the overall scheme of SOTA.
W.E. 43!!!
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by W.E. 43!!! »

Yes plz dont e-mail him, just look into and see if u find anything. ;)