Could the locations on Google earth....(read more inside)

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

NightmareRec0n
Data [Conditional]

Could the locations on Google earth....(read more inside)

Unread post by NightmareRec0n »

Be event locations like they were during I Love Bees?
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Could the locations on Google earth....(read more inside)

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Until pointed in that direction, there is no reason to assume this ARG is anything like ILB, or that the same tactics will be used.
For the opening of server 2 we were directed to a specific Microsoft map, not google, because they could manipulate it.
Until we get some sort of direction like that, I wouldn't say its safe to just assume that we can find things on Google Maps (i.e. all the stuff found in Iraq that match up to the glyphs. These were probably inspiration and not in-game. Not even Bungie can force Iraq to build round-abouts and rooftops to match Iris).
So in short, I think the answer is no.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Could the locations on Google earth....(read more inside)

Unread post by Frogwart »

Agreed. Comparisons to ilovebees are wishful thinking at best, unfortunately.

Since ILB was run by a company outside Microsoft, and since it happened and was resolved well before Halo 2 released (though it was part of the viral marketing for the game), there is no reason to make side-by-side comparisons between it and Iris, unless you're comparing them as one ARG to another (even then, Iris, in some folks' opinions, would probably comeup short).

Locking.

_F_