Alternate Prediction Theory

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Alternate Prediction Theory

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

On the Bungie CI forums, I noticed an APT than the moon-based one we have. It didn't have as much to support, but its still something nice to keep in mind. It works off a difference of 4.

Servor 1- Servor 2 : 20 Days

Servor 2- Servor 3 : 16 Days

Servor 3- Servor 4: 12 Days (Projected) August 7th.

Servor 4- Servor 5: 8 Days (Projected) August 15th

This only occured to me as possible since Halo Uprising comes out on the 15th, and would be a possibly carrier for the Servor 5 URL. Thoughts?
Twigge
Data [Conditional]

Re: Alternate Prediction Theory

Unread post by Twigge »

I like the simplicity of it, but when has anything in this ARG been simple? Otnemem's moon-based theory is a lot more in line with what we have seen.

Seems bunk unless the next server goes pending soon

[Plus Uprising got pushed back again. :cry: ]
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Yeah, I know. Just thought I would throw it out there.
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

Problem: Uprising has been delayed (again) to the 22nd :(
Seriously, how hard can it be to draw a comic book?
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

I know. It cant be that hard for Bungie to say "This is what happens. Draw it." I doubt that the comic will have anything to do with Iris at this point, it's been delayed way too many times.
Twigge
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Twigge »

Lurono wrote:It cant be that hard for Bungie to say "This is what happens. Draw it."
I am sure Bungie is giving the Marvel writers a fair bit of room to make it their own. They probably just have to hit several points in the story that Bungie has set and the rest is up to them. To be fair it does take a while to work with the guys who created the universe and make sure it is something that they all are proud of. And at 40 pages each, they aren't measly comic books.

That said; I want my Halo Uprising. Image
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

Hmm. I didn't know they were 40 pages :shock: I guess that makes the delay SLIGHTLY forgivable :P
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Well, 40 pages minus about 8-12 pages of ads in your average Marvel comic = 28-32 meaty story chunks for the carnivores to devour... :twisted:

I think the delay has more to do with the fact that Bendis is writing, what, about 12 Marvel titles right now? And Maleev's doing the pencils, inks, covers--everything but the writing and lettering--that's time consuming.

It sucks that it has been delayed again. Geez! I just checked Marvel's site--now issue #2 is dated for September 26th! Marvel may as well delay that one by an extra week (or three).

Who here is leaving their couch/gaming chair on the 26th of September?
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

Frogwart wrote:It sucks that it has been delayed again. Geez! I just checked Marvel's site--now issue #2 is dated for September 26th! Marvel may as well delay that one by an extra week (or three).

Who here is leaving their couch/gaming chair on the 26th of September?
haha, yeah. That day of school is going to be hell for me (staying up late the night before to get as much done as I can :P ) There is the comic store right across the street from my school, though. I might pay a visit............ Or go home ASAP to play Halo 3 :D
Twigge
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Twigge »

Lurono wrote:haha, yeah. That day of school is going to be hell for me (staying up late the night before to get as much done as I can :P )
Wait... You're planning on going to school? Image

Frogwart wrote:Well, 40 pages minus about 8-12 pages of ads in your average Marvel comic = 28-32 meaty story chunks for the carnivores to devour...
They actually put ads in the middle of the comic? Things have gone downhill since I last read a Marvel comic.