Source Code of halo3.com homepage

The home for threads that have been locked and don't fit into any other archive category.

Moderator: Moderators

playwithcolour
Data [Undefined]

Source Code of halo3.com homepage

Unread post by playwithcolour »

i found out things in of the source code of the Halo3.com homepage.
forgive me, i am new to the scene of this breaking mystery of "IRIS" and the whole Adjutant Reflex and the backwards audio and the hidden glyphs and stuff.

but heres something odd, most probably seen before.

http://unlock.msgamestudios.com/Tr89ex/ ... atusS.aspx

and this too:

Code: Select all

var w;
		random_num = (Math.round((Math.random()*1000000)+1));
		var fo = new SWFObject("shell.swf?id="+random_num, "Halo", "100%", "100%", "8", "#000000", true);
		fo.addVariable("serverstatus", "http://unlock.msgamestudios.com/Tr89ex/ServerStatusS.aspx");
		fo.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");
		fo.addParam("menu", "false");
		fo.addParam("scale", "noscale");
		fo.write("flashcontent");
sounds like its generating numbers. to my understanding, servers open because we are lead to it through numbers, audio and stuff right? Despite halo 3 being rated a 17+ game, doesn't it make you wonder why you have to input your birthday? No nudity, sexual references or anything like that is on the site. Maybe something to do with that randomized number, if someone was lucky/found out the number and inported it in, they would be lead to the next server, or another lead to the unlocking of the fourth server perhaps.

sorry if this has been explored before, otherwise what do you think is up with the home page?
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Source Code of halo3.com homepage

Unread post by DHalo »

This is a little out there for most on this board, and a little old to others. I've searched through the source code for all ARG related sites and backed them up onto my computer.

That piece of code is looking at the serverstatuss.aspx to determine what text to show on the front page. Without that file, it will not say Server unlocked or anything like that. That way, when a server opens, they just have to update that file, and everything would be set. Also, the flash and exe server trackers also depend on that file. That way, you can be up-to-date on the servers.

Additionally, the birthdate thing is handled separately, and does nothing but let you into the site, or turn you away.
playwithcolour
Data [Undefined]

wow
i fail
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Fail, nonsense! It's not easy finding new and different angles on something as widely discussed and dissected as this little marketing campaign has been, but it's very honorable to make the attempt.

Keep throwing out ideas, Play. welcome to Iris.

_F_
playwithcolour
Data [Undefined]

thanks for the spirit lift :D
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

Welcome to Iris, playwithcolour! It's good to see that you are trying ;)

However, now that we have determines that this particular route is a dead end or already discussed, I'm going to lock this topic.

Good work on finding it yourself!

Last edited by UnrealCh13f on Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: He failed @ spelling!!! "Its good too see that you are trying ;)"