XBL gamertag- confirmed?

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

gspawn
Data [Conditional]

Re: XBL gamertag- confirmed?

Unread post by gspawn »

gunluva wrote:
Ironlion wrote: "Comm 6166342000" which could be interpreted as a phone number, when called it was this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FPNXG8ZP
What?!? That's freakin' cool/weird/hilarious. AR == Vic?
Or that this is confirmed fake, sadly.
As pointed out elsewhere, the Vic line was recorded straight from an episode.
Sounds way too amateurish, and why would Vic be associated with this anyway?
Too much on the discredit side.
mnemesis
Custodian [Obsolete]

Unread post by mnemesis »

If AR goes back to B.Net, the first question should be if he spent time in the Xbox Live system. This seems like a false lead to me, but confirmation is key in these things.
kungfudude
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by kungfudude »

So the XBL info is definatly fake?
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

Definitely not definitely, but likely.
Jman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Jman »

kungfudude wrote:So the XBL info is definatly fake?
It could be fake...or it could be real.

Given all the known data at this point, I'm personally leaning towards fake, but you never know, I'm sure the real AdjutantReflex will confirm or deny its authenitcity soon enough.
nomis78
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by nomis78 »

but how would it change to FNC013575663331 then?

its not a gamertag change, it would update the friendslist's

its not an internal error code

too big a coincidence we get a phone numeber with vic on it

so quite possibly not fake

(credit to coweh, master noodle, blackflame1991, sqorck and myself for the deduction of that one)
Cha0sReborn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cha0sReborn »

So... If this "Vic" one turns out to be fake, does that mean that the gamertag that communicated with people through XBL messages is also fake, and that all those conversations (i.e. the one about Covenant views being "twisted") are no longer valid? Or is that one separate from this "Vic" one? I have difficulty believing that, considering how well done those were... Though this one's still up in the air, I think. I find it kind of sad that someone would pay 50 bucks to create a whole new XBL account of AdjutantReflex just to screw with us a little, though, in addition to going to the trouble of recording the voice of Vic from RvB onto their answering machine.

(I'm new here and at HBO by the way. Been lurking at Halo forums for quite a while, but this whole ARG situation has motivated me to actually become active. Hello all!)
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

Cha0sReborn wrote:So... If this "Vic" one turns out to be fake, does that mean that the gamertag that communicated with people through XBL messages is also fake, and that all those conversations (i.e. the one about Covenant views being "twisted") are no longer valid? Or is that one separate from this "Vic" one? I have difficulty believing that, considering how well done those were... Though this one's still up in the air, I think. I find it kind of sad that someone would pay 50 bucks to create a whole new XBL account of AdjutantReflex just to screw with us a little, though, in addition to going to the trouble of recording the voice of Vic from RvB onto their answering machine.

(I'm new here and at HBO by the way. Been lurking at Halo forums for quite a while, but this whole ARG situation has motivated me to actually become active. Hello all!)
Greetings, fellow ex-lurker!
Samusaaron3
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Samusaaron3 »

It changed again - now its 6166342##7
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

This is all very odd, isn't it? Can't wait for emergence tonight.