bungie webcams updated - really does seem arg related

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

rewind
Data [Authenticated]

Re: bungie webcams updated - really does seem arg related

Unread post by rewind »

tygron wrote:Hey this isn't related to these 3 cams.... but my firend found a secret cam heres the link: http://www.bungie.net/Inside/Webcam.ashx?camera=5
Those are known about... everything between 3 and 9 for the camera returns the "H2 secrets cam"

I believe it has remained the same for some time now, but at least for the length of Iris.
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

Oh ok, I didn't think it was arg related.... but it was worth throwing out there if it was unknown.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

I actually really like the conclusion that it's in game dialogue of some sort.

Pilot: Bird is down, request immediate evac.
Transport Captain (or something): Request denied. LZ is too hot.
Master Chief: Not for me (end cut scene)

But, that being said, I get more and more convinced it's not arg related, and should probably be locked. It's fun, but really useless in terms of our goal.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

it's a joke. plain and simple.
typical bungie cam employee fun.
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

im sorry, but i really dont think these webcams are ARG related, and i think this should be locked. but if they are we need only one thread to speculate on it. im sorry, "AR was here" on a post-it note doesnt HAVE to mean adjutant relfex, these webcams have been going for at least a year now, and we can probably confirm the data from cam 3, (if it is cam 3) is irrelavant to anything in the ARG. i mean its been there for over a year, and has always been in the 100's area, i think were looking in to obvious of places to find clues that mean nothing so thats my take on the whole bungie webcams thing.
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

tygron wrote:Oh ok, I didn't think it was arg related.... but it was worth throwing out there if it was unknown.
No worries, tygron.

For clarification, that image has been on the "H2 Secrets Cam" since before Halo 2 came out.
xxNaMinExx
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by xxNaMinExx »

atenz wrote:im sorry, but i really dont think these webcams are ARG related, and i think this should be locked. but if they are we need only one thread to speculate on it. im sorry, "AR was here" on a post-it note doesnt HAVE to mean adjutant relfex, these webcams have been going for at least a year now, and we can probably confirm the data from cam 3, (if it is cam 3) is irrelavant to anything in the ARG. i mean its been there for over a year, and has always been in the 100's area, i think were looking in to obvious of places to find clues that mean nothing so thats my take on the whole bungie webcams thing.
Theres always a chance that employees may slip in a clue or two once in a while, you never know ;)
atenz
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by atenz »

isnt there an exact same thread like this in dead ends and hoaxes????
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

atenz wrote:isnt there an exact same thread like this in dead ends and hoaxes????
I'll check.

Fair warning: if there is, that's where this one's going, too, and any that pop up after it will be locked.

Edit: Yep, thanks Atenz.

This one's joining its blood brother in the Dead Ends & Hoaxes forum.

If anyone wants to continue this topic, that'll be where to find it. No more threads about the webcams until something TRULY official pops up.

For those who believe they find that official thing: PM the mod or Admin who's online when you find it, and wait for their reply before posting.

Thank you everyone!

_F_