bungie webcams updated - really does seem arg related

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Re: bungie webcams updated - really does seem arg related

Unread post by failedparachute »

If any aerial vehicle that transports troops gets shot down, Black Hawk Down is the first thing people think of. I remember in an EGM article before Halo 2 came out they called one of the levels "Black Pelican Down" (they were referring to Outskirts on campaign). I don't really know what my point is other than to spew some useless trivia.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

XD, im watching black hawk down now, just to see how close the post its match the movie dialouge
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

to be honest the same sort of dialoge was used in halo 1

"lz's hot coming down hard" - i cant remmmeber where it was said but it was said by foehammer

has anyone red the journalists review of the first level which they got to see in some hotel?

SPOILERS (hover over to read)

it sounds like the dialogue that would be said when the pelican gets blown up in the first level

end spoilers - the dialogue itself seems pretty well suited to be used in a halo game - so im leaning towards it not being part of the arg - but it would be great if peaple here kept an eye on it - cos itl be nice to see all the posts as theyre put up
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Dalthanas wrote:
Dalthanas wrote:The way that reads to me is "Liz is too hot" "Not for me" I think they're just laughing, and laughing harder at people trying to make sense out of it.
thebruce wrote:it's a joke... a joke... "LZ is too hot!" "...Not for me!" haha, ye know?
Bruce and I agree, and when two such great minds are in agreement, well then it's as good as true. ;)

Sarcasm aside, LZ (for those unaware) is short for Landing Zone.

Why this would be ARG related is still unclear.
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Sharpsniper you're thinking of Dropship Bravo 22, which was shot down in the course of the Silent Cartographer,
Part 02: It's Quiet

(As you move down the hall from the security substation, towards the exit)

BRAVO 22:

Mayday, mayday! Dropship Bravo 22 taking enemy fire! Repeat! We are under heavy fire and are losing altitude!
Are you sure Foehammer said it?

Thank you HBO Transcripts.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

dropship bravo 22 wasnt foehammer, just some anonymus pilot

you people are thinking of the beginning of the silent cartographer when foehammer says:
"The LZ is HOT... TOUCHDOWN! HIT IT MARINES!"
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Well, yes that was the other possibility, and I thought I was clear that Bravo 22 was not Foehammer. Sorry, if people got confused.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

hmm im not sure what level im chatting about - pelicans get shot down a lot - pretty dam weak things :lol: but yeah i guess we can all agree that the webcams text reflects pretty much all of those incidents - making it seem more like its a peice of dialoge thats going to appear in halo 3 more than anything else
tygron
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by tygron »

Hey this isn't related to these 3 cams.... but my firend found a secret cam heres the link: http://www.bungie.net/Inside/Webcam.ashx?camera=5
JCCricket
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by JCCricket »

Hey thats Roosterteeth stuff in the secret webcam.... looks like their machinima award and a teeshirt with their logo on it. nothing to do with the topic, but cool nonetheless. For those that dont know, roosterteeth do a machinima web comedy show using halo games and sprites. but what hardcore halo fan wouldnt know about Red vs Blue :D