XBL gamertag- confirmed?

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

gspawn
Data [Conditional]

XBL gamertag- confirmed?

Unread post by gspawn »

Looks like I'm gonna first a lot today...
Was the XBL gamertag ever officially confirmed? Or is it still in the gray area?
john010117
Data [Undefined]

Re: XBL gamertag- confirmed?

Unread post by john010117 »

I believe it's still unknown.
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

I at first assumed it was fake, the real one would most likely have linked the gamertag to their Bungie account. But how it changed it's name like that was weird. Does it work like that when a normal silver account changes their name? I sent it a message to requesting that it confirm it's identity, but got no response.
Captain Milk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Captain Milk »

Anyone know if you are deleted off the friends list to allow new "players" on?
Ironlion
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ironlion »

If it's a fake, it's a damn good one. For a while, the motto was changed to "Comm 6166342000" which could be interpreted as a phone number, when called it was this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FPNXG8ZP then it changed the last 3 digits to "###" at that point I think the old number ended up turning into loud, high-pitched, annoying noises.

I tried 365 as the ### and got a real life person, so I just said "Hey, um, I think I got the wrong number" and left it at that. No clue as to if the person on the other end was in on this or not, though.
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

Captain Milk wrote:Anyone know if you are deleted off the friends list to allow new "players" on?
I don't know... I added him early yesterday, and I'm still on his friends list. Maybe he has unlimited space or is not accepting any more requests?

Also, do you think it is a coincidence that the ONLY platform game listed on xbox.com is Mega Man Anniversary Collection? I actually have that game. If we ever get desperate I will play through it looking for clues...
nomis78
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by nomis78 »

erm, im desperate, start playing :P
Captain Milk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Captain Milk »

I tried adding the adjutantreflex tag today, didnt work, so he doesnt have unlimited Space

Aslo tried the 342340fgjdfgjer* (lots of higgledy piggledy number and letter one)

that one didnt work either. I hope he does to allow new players into the game, will make for more interesting specualtion :D. always needing that fresh insight.

*not real GT
Milhouse
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Milhouse »

yea i have been trying to get him to add me since last night but it seems he has stopped accepting for now at least or has hit the limit
gunluva
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by gunluva »

Ironlion wrote: "Comm 6166342000" which could be interpreted as a phone number, when called it was this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FPNXG8ZP
What?!? That's freakin' cool/weird/hilarious. AR == Vic?