The "Vic Incident"

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterLeaf
Data [Conditional]

Re: The "Vic Incident"

Unread post by MasterLeaf »

bovine politics wrote:
MasterLeaf wrote:well, I'm hearing other reports that this GamerTag WAS linked to AR's b.net profile, and that someone posted a conversation they had with AR over Live.

So I'm fairly sure the GT is legit, so the number has some standing

Hearsay is inadmissible in Court.

Why?

It's unprovable that the exact details of the conversation occurred, or didn't.

are you saying that the stuff you posted on this User Talk is, indeed, fake?
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Not necessarily fake, 100% anyway, it is simply unprovable.
dagon90
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dagon90 »

Well, I suppose. But its near impossible to get everything right. However, only time and teamwork will tell. I'll help trace the posts back as best I can, and I'll be waiting for AR to post on the Bnet forums again (few hours from now, right?)
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

MasterLeaf wrote:
bovine politics wrote:
MasterLeaf wrote:well, I'm hearing other reports that this GamerTag WAS linked to AR's b.net profile, and that someone posted a conversation they had with AR over Live.

So I'm fairly sure the GT is legit, so the number has some standing

Hearsay is inadmissible in Court.

Why?

It's unprovable that the exact details of the conversation occurred, or didn't.

are you saying that the stuff you posted on this User Talk is, indeed, fake?
Nice reading comprehension.
MasterLeaf
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by MasterLeaf »

I see it as, if there was someone pulling strings, they would make an effort to make the conversation sound as eloquent as possible. Someone who is true, though, would be excited that they would get recognition for talking to AR, that they quickly, haphazardly, record the conversation.

But, it could also be the other way around.

We srsly need to investigate this Gamercard.

Nice reading comprehension.

huh?
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

But they recorded the messages by copying/pasting. I'm sure the guys that had the conversations with the XBL AR thought they were talking to the real one, so they would take extra precautions to record it as it came in.
dagon90
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dagon90 »

More callers are getting this real guy apparently. I sure as hell won't call now, but it DID say to cease communications. Maybe we should...
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

endejas wrote:But they recorded the messages by copying/pasting. I'm sure the guys that had the conversations with the XBL AR thought they were talking to the real one, so they would take extra precautions to record it as it came in.
Exactly.

Leaf took my post on hearsay as meaning that my discussion with "AR" were fake. They were not. If I had no actual proof of their occurance, however, then they would be hearsay, which is not admissable as evidence in cases (with exceptions) because it is unproveable.

However, I have the responses saved, and the answers recorded in teh form of screenshots. So, they wouldn't be hearsay, anyway. The guy himself was fake, so the entire conversation is moot, anyway.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z202/bovine_2007

Clear?
MarkHawk
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by MarkHawk »

Well what if it is real? If it's linked to the True AdjustReflex, shouldn't it be in hibernation? If is linked and a part of it is still talking does that mean it's dreaming in a way? Durga had dreams and if our suspicions are true that Humans and forrunners are linked then our AI might not be far off. Worse those is the thought of Gravemind and his GuiltySpark his has control over (sorry for not knowing the name but I read it around page 6-8) and Cortona is technically MIA.

These are all maybe's but I think it's dumb to rule out anything this early in the game. If you can question it might be worth finding answers to.

By the way is AdjustReflex good or evil? How can we test it to protect ourself.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

It's been ruled out. The number was obtained through the XBL AR account which has been revealed to be a hoax.