The "Vic Incident"

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

kungfudude
Data [Authenticated]

Re: The "Vic Incident"

Unread post by kungfudude »

Its just a recording from a RVB episode, nothing special, its not been done very well either because at the end of it you can here o'MAlly saying "Vic, pick up" just before the woman starts talking. Im fairly sure this is a Hoax.
DoItForTheLuulz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DoItForTheLuulz »

Has Greece ever had anything to do with the story arc?

But even still, the formatting of the number doesn't lead you to believe that 357 is a country code.

Edit:
kungfudude wrote:Its just a recording from a RVB episode, nothing special, its not been done very well either because at the end of it you can here o'MAlly saying "Vic, pick up" just before the woman starts talking. Im fairly sure this is a Hoax.
The first phone number, yes, but we are still investigating other clues that XBL tag has.
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

I've done some editing to the sound file uploaded. This is what I have:
*Inaudible for a bit*

Vic: Hey there, it's Vic! *Inaudible* ...not in the casa right now so leave a message and I'll get back. Just leave your *Inaudible* stuff at the end.... YO!

Computer Lady: Leave your message after the tone. To send a numeric page, press 5. When you are finished recording, hang up, or, for delivery options, press pound.

*Beep!*
From what I can tell, that inaudible part at the beginning IS something. I can hear a voice through the "twirling" noise. It says two words in a voice separate from Vic's.

I'll work on cleaning it up.
Major Silva
Site Admin

Unread post by Major Silva »

Either my ears or headphones (or a combination of the two) are better than average, because my transcript is slightly different than what others are saying.

"Hey dude, it's Vic. Hasta levido, not in the casa right now. Just leave your what's up at the yo.. YO."

Throughout, you can clearly hear what he's saying. Only when he gets to the first Spanish word (either "hasto" or "hasta") does it get kinda quiet. So my transcription of the Spanish part may not be completely accurate.

~MS
DoItForTheLuulz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DoItForTheLuulz »

Oh wow, on a serious stroke of luck I just came across a cable that should allow me to record the message again. I might be able to get something of higher quality.

Doubtful though.
The Se7enth Prophet
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by The Se7enth Prophet »

Major Silva wrote:Either my ears or headphones (or a combination of the two) are better than average, because my transcript is slightly different than what others are saying.

"Hey dude, it's Vic. Hasta levido, not in the casa right now. Just leave your what's up at the yo.. YO."

Throughout, you can clearly hear what he's saying. Only when he gets to the first Spanish word (either "hasto" or "hasta") does it get kinda quiet. So my transcription of the Spanish part may not be completely accurate.

~MS
Ooh. Can you make out anything from that noise in the beginning?
KLind
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by KLind »

Area codes in michigan. So is Neifi Perez! But what does that mean! :?
Hun7er
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hun7er »

i tried reversing the phone recording. nothing, but there was quite a bit of interference i couldn't scrub out. if anyone makes a better recording, i'll try with that one too.

at one point, during the first part of the recording (garbled static before vic's message) i reversed it and it sounded like a number- three, one, and i couldn't make out the rest. so maybe a better recording will yield better results. but i wouldn't be too hopeful- it could be total random coincidence or i could just be hearing things that aren't there. :ugeek:
Last edited by Hun7er on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Silva
Site Admin

Unread post by Major Silva »

Yes, got it! It's likely O'Malley, judging by the line, but it's highly distorted.

*Squirbles* "Vic, come in (or possibly "on"). Pick up". or "Vic, pick up, pick up".

That's a line O' Malley says in Season 4. I've watched that season to death, and recognize the recording. If you want exactly what he's saying, visit this site and search through Season 4 for any O'Malley stuff. I know it's in there, I just don't know what episode.

~MS
blind-visions
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by blind-visions »

Has anyone tried 616-634-2### with the time from AR's last post. I'm at work and can't, but he posted at 3:43 and said "tick tock." 3 # signs, 3 numbers. Someone please try 616-634-2343