The "Vic Incident"

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: The "Vic Incident"

Unread post by Avateur »

Alright, the phone number in question has something being said, but very garbled, before Vic begins to talk. It's almost indiscernable. Could be just me, but that's what I hear.

The voicemail options at the end are not of Verizon or Sprint. I can tell you that right now. Anything else, dunno. And when was this phone number found in relation to the Tick Tock? Did it happen before or after? How close to it? Etc.
kungfudude
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by kungfudude »

3of9 wrote:http://rvb.roostertooths.com/episode.php?ep=41

So it was recorded right off the episode onto a cell phone voicemail.

Sounds amateur.

I told you it was nothing special and from and episode, I say mark it as a Hoax, or irrelevant.
Coweh
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Coweh »

"Tick Tock" was posted a few minutes after I left a message (the first of them, as far as I can tell).
3of9
Arbiter

Unread post by 3of9 »

You know, if you really really had to know, you could always pay the $15 and get the full report on the number from that site I posted earlier.
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

All Forerunner AI's that we have seen have certain quirks, to put it lightly, and more than possibly insane.

343 Guilty Spark wants it activate the Halos NOW, from the instant the Flood was released on his installation, even though alternate methods of containment have not been attempted.

Penitent Tangent has the same problem, but is even worse- he is completely oblivious to the fact that he is in the Gravemind's capture and is blindly giving it access to everything it needs to escape the rings, including (possibly) the teleportation grid.

That AR likes Mega Man and the Dreamcast could be one of it's quirks. In fact, I think this makes it more likely that this is real- why would a faker have put up such an obvious red flag to his impostery? If he was intending to lead us by the nostrils as long as possible, why put something in his account that would make many people believe he is a fake?
DoItForTheLuulz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DoItForTheLuulz »

bovine politics wrote:All Forerunner AI's that we have seen have certain quirks, to put it lightly, and more than possibly insane.

343 Guilty Spark wants it activate the Halos NOW, from the instant the Flood was released on his installation, even though alternate methods of containment have not been attempted.

Penitent Tangent has the same problem, but is even worse- he is completely oblivious to the fact that he is in the Gravemind's capture and is blindly giving it access to everything it needs to escape the rings, including (possibly) the teleportation grid.

That AR likes Mega Man and the Dreamcast could be one of it's quirks. In fact, I think this makes it more likely that this is real- why would a faker have put up such an obvious red flag to his impostery? If he was intending to lead us by the nostrils as long as possible, why put something in his account that would make many people believe he is a fake?
But the others had quirks involving the story line.

And what is wrong with liking dreamcast?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Why dreamcast? Because it's random. While there's a lot of "evidence" that can make this gamertag legit, there's a lot of questions and inconsistencies that could show this whole gamertag is false. Unless it says something on Bungie or HBO, we won't know if that gamertag is legit or not.
dvasj2
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by dvasj2 »

I agree, it's hard to know if it is legit or not...
for sure.

I think it's real though, if those first few guys who saw the number switchery-hocus-pocus were telling the truth.
So what should we do? Dial that number with every possible 3 digit halo related number at the end and see who picks up?
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

Alright, after thinking on it, I'm going to place myself on the "fake" side of the fence regarding the gamertag. There are just too many inconsistencies and oddities for me to believe it is real now.
Hun7er
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Hun7er »

dvasj2 wrote: So what should we do? Dial that number with every possible 3 digit halo related number at the end and see who picks up?
well how many can there be?

343, 777, 504...?

(7! = 5040 :geek: )
bovine politics wrote:Alright, after thinking on it, I'm going to place myself on the "fake" side of the fence regarding the gamertag. There are just too many inconsistencies and oddities for me to believe it is real now.
im not so sure. remember, the gamertag was linked to the b.net profile at some point (please correct me if i'm wrong), so any information gleaned from it seems legit. but i understand why it seems kind of fake right now. we'll just have to wait and see i guess.
Last edited by Hun7er on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.