The "Vic Incident"

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

3of9
Arbiter

Re: The "Vic Incident"

Unread post by 3of9 »

And here's a thought...

My understanding is that the original GT of "AdjutantReflex" mysteriously changed to some characters followed by a phone number...
Sounds like someone at XBL Administration got ticked at the bogus registration and forcefully changed the gamertag to initials and the phone number that registered the account.

But I've not seen the full details on this event, so this is a partially uninformed leap.
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

blind-visions wrote:Has anyone tried 616-634-2### with the time from AR's last post. I'm at work and can't, but he posted at 3:43 and said "tick tock." 3 # signs, 3 numbers. Someone please try 616-634-2343

Don't dial random, Halo-related numbers. If you call a legit number that is just Joe Schmoe, you'll get long distance charges and piss some people off that have nothing to do with this.
DoItForTheLuulz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DoItForTheLuulz »

3of9: The "phone number" on the XBL account is invalid. Doesn't work. All that is left there is the phone number leading to vic.

Bovine: Free long distance for me, but I didn't call.
Dry Ice
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Dry Ice »

3of9 wrote:And here's a thought...

My understanding is that the original GT of "AdjutantReflex" mysteriously changed to some characters followed by a phone number...
Sounds like someone at XBL Administration got ticked at the bogus registration and forcefully changed the gamertag to initials and the phone number that registered the account.

But I've not seen the full details on this event, so this is a partially uninformed leap.

So if I've got this straight the gamertag "AdjutantReflex" changed to "FNC013575663331" and that is what we see there now with a partial phone number?
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

Correct. The motto read "CompoundIntelligence" until this morning.
DoItForTheLuulz
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DoItForTheLuulz »

Correct. I don't know how the 000 was derived for the last 3 numbers.

Also, the IRC has changed from the channel I posted to the server irc.chat-solutions.org in channel #halo.
Injunfett
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Injunfett »

Alright Im one of the ones that found the Vic Number. When the account logged off yestarday like on Bunige boards it was delated expcet for those that still had it on its friends list. For a short period it changed to FNC then it went back to AR.

Since yestarday it has been poping online and offline at random hours. If you look online it might say 1 hour, if you look on xbox it says like 6. its very odd.

The thing is I went to my xbox and seen it was online 1 min ago I was pissed cause I missed it but when I looked at his gamer modo it changed from Compound Intellgence to Comm- Then the number.

It was like that for a few minutes then it changed to the phone number with the last numbers ###.
Samusaaron3
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Samusaaron3 »

His favorite genre is apparently platform - leads to Mega Man Anniversary Collection http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/catalog ... =0&h=0&p=1

Also owns a Dreamcast
bovine politics
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by bovine politics »

I think if an official Xbox guy really did find he was a fake, I think they would have just deleted the account. I seriously doubt that posting the guy's phone number is even remotely legal.
blind-visions
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by blind-visions »

If you go to the Mega Man description, it gives a website for backward compatibility. When going to that, there is instructions for burning a cd/dvd off of xbox.com. Might that have something to do with this?