The "Vic Incident"

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterLeaf
Data [Conditional]

Re: The "Vic Incident"

Unread post by MasterLeaf »

I certainly didn't mention the Reclaimer. I asked what the Array was.
Cha0sReborn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cha0sReborn »

goonbaggins wrote:I called the number, listened to the voicemail, and hung up. I was immediately called back.

I said hello, and normal sounding guy answered and asked why I called him and if I knew him. I was a little speechless, so then he said he's been getting all kinds of random calls today from different area codes, with a lot of talk about The reclaimer. It was an awkward conversation, and I ended up just giving him the address for this forum and saying bye.

I don't think the number is connected to this.
Eek. Well, who knows, he could've just been playing along with it, but... Why would his message machine happen to have Vic from RvB on it then? Did the guy sound different than the guy on the message?

And are we absolutely positive that the "Vic" recording is from an RvB episode, and it's not just some random person who sounds similar to Vic? (Note that I haven't gone too far into RvB, so I have no idea what Vic's supposed to sound like.) If it definitely is Vic, than you'd think the guy would have some idea of what's going on, whether he's real or fake.
Aldiron
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Aldiron »

The number changed again... The 3rd number is a 7 now.

So, we have: 6166342##77

But, the last number also changed back to a Pound symbol...
3of9
Arbiter

Unread post by 3of9 »

I think someone is watching and fracking around just to see how many people are going for it.

Someone is having a lot of fun right now.
DHalo
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by DHalo »

Makes us keep a vigilant eye on the page. Has anyone tried the obvious 777?
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

We need to find out if anyone ACTUALLY mentioned a Reclaimer or not. Or someone can call the number back and try to get through to talk to the guy.
goonbaggins
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by goonbaggins »

Cha0sReborn wrote:
Eek. Well, who knows, he could've just been playing along with it, but... Why would his message machine happen to have Vic from RvB on it then? Did the guy sound different than the guy on the message?

And are we absolutely positive that the "Vic" recording is from an RvB episode, and it's not just some random person who sounds similar to Vic? (Note that I haven't gone too far into RvB, so I have no idea what Vic's supposed to sound like.) If it definitely is Vic, than you'd think the guy would have some idea of what's going on, whether he's real or fake.
He said he'd played halo before, and when I mentioned ilovebees, he said he heard about that a long time ago.
mnemesis
Custodian [Obsolete]

Unread post by mnemesis »

You guys need to come up with a way to determine what is, and what isn't part of this thing. Calling random phone numbers isn't the way to do it.

The only things that are certain, for now, are the posts on B.Net and on HBO. AR said he wasn't going back to HBO, so watch B.Net and ask AR about the XBL/chat/phone number stuff when he shows up again. And phrase your questions as clearly as you can.
Jman
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Jman »

It's either a recorded Vic quote from RvB, or the guy's a fan of the show and does a damn good impression.

Either way the recorded message clearly says: "Just leave your what's up at the yo." and although I don't have the episode on hand, I did a quick google search and that line is Vic's.

So what we do know is our mysterious phone owner knows about RvB, and might possibly be a total jackass. I'm going with a bit of both right now...
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Unlikely co-inkydink?