[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4581: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4583: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4584: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4585: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3760)
args.bungie.org - View topic - The "Vic Incident"
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:07 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 The "Vic Incident" 
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post The "Vic Incident"
In a strange turn, Gamertag FNC013575663331 has posted a phone number. Upon calling it, one hears the voice of Vic from Red vs. Blue. I did this, and left a message: "Hello, Vic. I was wondering if you could tell me about Adjutant Reflex... Email me at [my email]. Thanks."

Thoughts?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:23 pm
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post Re: The "Vic Incident"
Yar, i heard about this.

Any chance you can get a recording of it?

I tried the guy who posted it on the forum, but it didnt work for me :S.

Still, nice find. I live in england so cant phone in unfortunately.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:25 pm
Data [Undefined]

Care to tell us the phone number? LOL

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:26 pm
Data [Conditional]

Thanks to KLind:
phone = 616-634-2000
Audio: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FPNXG8ZP

(at work so I haven't gotten to try yet)

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:27 pm
Moderator [Designated]

I didn't manage to get a recording, no (I'm on a landline phone), but you can go to to hear the audio of the answering machine. Hmm.... And the number happens to be 6166342000. But now the Adjutant Reflex GT shows 6166342###...

EDIT: Wow, I'm too slow.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:28 pm
Data [Conditional]

Hmm yes, it is weird. The recording of the message can be found in this post: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/hal ... ead=810082

(Just don't post there about it)

I listened to it just once, but I notice a few interesting things:

#1) Ya, sounds exactly like Vic, even his "Leave a message after the yo" or something like that

#2) I'm not exactly sure how American phone services work, but was that women's voice for the message pre-recorded, and are the options like "Press # for Delivery Options" a normal occurance when leaving a message, if not...I think someone should press # (pound)....

#3) I couldn't make out the very beggining could either KLind, or someone else who called clarify what was said?

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:30 pm
Arbiter

It sounds like it's a voicemail for a cell phone.
It isn't Verizon, but it might be AT&T.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Data [Authenticated]

Could someone re host the audio, or D/L it and send to me via "el_mileo@hotmail.com" As i cant access it.

Still, i agree, someone should try the hash.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:34 pm
Moderator [Designated]

It's not AT&T.

Can anyone understand it all enough to write a transcript of what it says?

All I can make out is "leave a message after the tone".

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:38 pm
Data [Undefined]

I went through the message and asked it to verify its identity.

Hit the # and got the standard options of how to mark the message "urgent", "confidential", "urgent and confidential".

EDIT: 616 Area code is used for Western Michigan, specifically: Holland, Grand Haven, Greenville, Grand Rapids, Ionia. Any significance?

Last edited by AfroCelt on Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:40 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next