Help me out please

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Help me out please

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Mmm this is frustrating. I plugged in one key already and got some kind of crap. I recognized that these keys seemed to be using Base64 code so I'm trying to decode it that way...but it looks like an unfortunate dead end. It looked so good too...
Ibeechu
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Ibeechu »

I don't think you're going to get anywhere. I seriously think it's just a hash for the sole purpose of weeding out spambots and/or stupid people.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Not the code to get on the site, the KEY that we were given on the page with the first audio file that people are listening to reversed now. But it's not working anymore...
Lichtonatus
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by Lichtonatus »

I thought that key WAS the code to get on the site. I think the idea of it merely being to stop spambots from accidentally being one of the 100 needed to open the server.

But, kepp going, you may well be right. I've only just begun to understand what the hell all this base [insert number] means, so I wouldn't be able to steal your credit if I tried :P
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

It's a dead end, a coincidence. This thread can be locked, sorry guys.