Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Pedro the Penguin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Pedro the Penguin »

Dundradal and I came to the conclusion in the chats that the new avatar for AR, entitled MB05032_09_25_07 not only hints at the release date but also coincides with a very useful line from MacBeth Act 5, line 32:

"Lady Macb. Yet there's a spot"

Now, using this hint, I wonder "what spot? Where?" and then the idea that AR's new avatar might be a map (of Stonehenge is the typical opinon in the IRC) and this lead to everyone trying the countdown timer's new stuck time as a set of coordinates: 1.12, 34.53. Typing these into google earth leads us to Mt. Elgon, a mountain with a crater as the top. Now, shifting the 3D view to use the coordinates as a vantage point from which to view the crater created a strong sense of deja vu. So, I decided to check out the E3 trailer and lo and behold, the vantage points are very similar. So, upon seeing this, I tried to estimate the angle, using MC as the coordinates, and lines up the map view with a stillframe from the trailer. Upon overlaying them in photoshop, I realized, sans the futuristic cityscape, they line up nearly perfectly. What if the "spot" is actually point to the coordinates of the ark?

And for reference, here is my uploaded overlay image:

MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Well, that's interesting! It does seem to be the same location.
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dundradal »

We are working on compiling all the MacBeth quotes to see what else they turn up. Stay tuned.
ATF Goose
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ATF Goose »

Wow, thats awesome. I would of never gotten the MacBeth reference.
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

so since you guys found this, how does it play into the ARG? i mean its amazing you found and grats on that, but what now?
Dundradal
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Dundradal »

We are looking into the other quotes both from AR and to be found from using the numbers we are giving. They appear to be complimentary to aiding in finding locations.
Psychophan7
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Psychophan7 »

Two things. First, could you provide the image you used from Google Earth without the overlay? Second, which direction was that angle pointing towards? The second point brings me to how it is supposed to be Mombasa in the background, but given the distance between the two locations (Mombasa and the coordinares) that it is impossible due to the curvature of the Earth's surface.
a lovely pony
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by a lovely pony »

Yeah, could you provide both images seperately, please? I'm really not seeing the horizon lining up. Especially on the left side of the pic.
Pedro the Penguin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Pedro the Penguin »

I'll do my best. It's not easy navigating google earth for this sort of thing.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

And how does the avatar image itself play into this? It looks like it's part of a map. Like we find a series of roads that look like that, and the circled "J" (or whatever that is, can't be "Jjaro," could it) is the location of...whatever.