Attention: The Gamertag is Fake

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

3of9
Arbiter

Re: Attention: The Gamertag is Fake

Unread post by 3of9 »

I've made this thread sticky so the news spreads faster.
Cha0sReborn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Cha0sReborn »

Ah, too bad. Kinda disappointing, especially those earlier XBL conversations with him being fake. Those were really interesting. The faker definitely did a good job, what with the Vic message machine and all (assuming he engineered that).

Kinda back to square one, aren't we? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we don't really have any idea whether we're supposed to do anything before the end of the countdown now (the only possible indication of that being the "tick tock") or just wait, and there's a lot less info. Now to force my brain to separate the fake info from the real info, after it's all been jumbled together.
3of9
Arbiter

Unread post by 3of9 »

At this point, I think we're simply in the stage of the game were people are pressing "Start" to get their place in the game.

Archives and Resources.
Websites and People.

That's my feeling on it.
Injunfett
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Injunfett »

I agree 3
bedlam
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by bedlam »

Avateur wrote:We now have evidence to show
what evidence?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

bedlam wrote:
what evidence?
The gamertag changed its name to something like "yougotfooled" or some stupid thing like that and the motto for it was "lawl" and yeah. Stupid bastard did a great job of fooling everybody. Props for the skill and precision.
bedlam
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by bedlam »

Avateur wrote:
bedlam wrote:
what evidence?
The gamertag changed its name to something like "yougotfooled" or some stupid thing like that and the motto for it was "lawl" and yeah. Stupid bastard did a great job of fooling everybody. Props for the skill and precision.
So how did this person manage to drop the tag from existence during hybernation? Did they cancel their account thanks to India with such precision? How did they change their tag to read differently when you all checked the games played/achievement page?

How is that even possible?
SKR
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by SKR »

Well, there is the option to change your gamertag, and it doesn't cost anything for silver accounts. I guess it is just glitchy?
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

That's still unknown, though I suppose someone has some super cool logical explanation for it. That or the person paid $15 or whatever to keep changing their gamertag. Which really makes them a loser.
bedlam
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by bedlam »

Avateur wrote:That's still unknown, though I suppose someone has some super cool logical explanation for it. That or the person paid $15 or whatever to keep changing their gamertag. Which really makes them a loser.
super cool! I understand that we can change gamertags, but that still doesn't explain the random numbers that showed up on the games played page. Maybe, for whatever reason, AR decided to kill it off by changing the gamertag and motto? Don't believe its lies. :p