Port Knocking

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

FrenzyTheKillbot
Data [Conditional]

Port Knocking

Unread post by FrenzyTheKillbot »

alright, i was bored and I read someone's post about "knocking" on the servers to unlock them. So I randomly googled "server knock" and got some stuff on PortKnocking. So I looked that up in wikipedia, and it sounds interesting. The idea is you knock on a specific number of ports in order (like a code) to gain access to a firewalled (or locked) server. Unfortunately I don't think we possess a specific server address or a code in which to knock, but if any of you guys are very inclined to this kind of thing, do some research into it.
YagerX
Data [Conditional]

Re: Port Knocking

Unread post by YagerX »

could be the no of posts ppl made in his threads, you know like 100, 51...
Kurk
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Kurk »

YagerX wrote:could be the no of posts ppl made in his threads, you know like 100, 51...
that's actually an interesting idea, there has to be some significance to the number of posts in each thread
echelon3
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by echelon3 »

Alright well if someone knows how to do it and wants to try knocking using the post numbers, i got an IP address:
IDK how to port knock yet but I'll look up on it. jus thot id give the address.
Kwalitee
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kwalitee »

Maybe we can't knock on the ports in order, but what about just clicking on the servers?
iNteRn
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by iNteRn »

Kwalitee wrote:Maybe we can't knock on the ports in order, but what about just clicking on the servers?

I think we've tried that already...... ;)
Kwalitee
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kwalitee »

Well not just clicking of course, but in order x number of times.

Eh, surely I couldn't have been the first to think of that. But maybe it'll work that way once the 21st rolls around.
haxflo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by haxflo »

I am currently running a port scan on 206.16.223.65 to see if it has any special ports open. The scan will be done in about 15 minutes. If you have any specific ports in mind, like some magic numbers you might have noticed that may be a clue post them here and I'll try them.
mike g
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by mike g »

ye here are the numbers for the number of posts AR has in his forum posts

The first thread has 100 posts exactly.
The second has 503.
The third has 51.
The fourth has 191.

does this help?
haxflo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by haxflo »

You can try hitting ports from firefox (i.e. http://206.16.223.65:100, http://206.16.223.65:503, etc), which will effectively send an HTTP GET request to those ports. I hit them in the same sequence as you indicated and got nothing.
The full scan is taking longer than I anticipated and is now about 70% done. About 20 more minutes.