Iris - Indentified?

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

MasterChief2829
Data [Authenticated]

Iris - Indentified?

Unread post by MasterChief2829 »

All this talk about Iris, I think we now know who it is. Drew (an employee for Microsoft Game Studios) has put up a new sig (he seems to be apart of the ARG as well posting odd messages) and his sig's filename contains Iris - http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1451/iriszc1.jpg

Think I just uploaded it? Then go to Wii60 forums and see his sig for yourself - http://www.wii60.com/forum/showthread.p ... post250504
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Iris - Indentified?

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Nice find.
Webshift
Site Admin

Unread post by Webshift »

Information should be coming from Bungie.net. I seriously doubt a random MS employee that posted his signature as a image from the comic. We'll find out about Iris when one of the servers opens I'm thinking.
MasterChief2829
Data [Authenticated]

Thats what I said. He appears to know all of this already and has said the following
Originally Posted by Drew
Oh, there will certainly be an... event, when it finishes. Certainly not a Halo announcement, and absolutely not a Halo Graphic Novel announcement. This isn't advertisement. You'll be lucky if you hear the words "Halo" mentioned at all during the course of this unfortunate... predicament, and if you do, it will have nothing to do with a videogame.
He's also the admin of Wii60 I believe.
ATF Goose
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ATF Goose »

anyone can change a file name of an image, can someone crack open the halo3.com/comic swf and find the actual file name of at image, and the others?
MasterChief2829
Data [Authenticated]

Yeah, but this isn't anyone. It is someone who is apart of the ARG.
ATF Goose
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by ATF Goose »

MasterChief2829 wrote:Yeah, but this isn't anyone. It is someone who is apart of the ARG.
Thats been proven? i musta missed something
tootthekazoo
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by tootthekazoo »

That image isn't in the comic. It appears to be a different angle than in the comic. Take a look at http://www.halo3.com/comic
EDIT: Nevermind, haven't looked at it since the first day, forgot about the extra panel. 1st post though, so at least I have that going for me.
DaFreak
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by DaFreak »

welcome

on-topic
if this is legit then perhaps Iris is not the machine but what the machines are building might be the iris? :p
writer87
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by writer87 »

honestly i believe that the iris is just another term for the ARK