FCC PHONE NUMBER CHANGED, NEW COMPANY ANSWERS!!

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

FCC PHONE NUMBER CHANGED, NEW COMPANY ANSWERS!!

Unread post by Doug52392 »

I just dialed the Flood Contaiment Control number, and guess what? I heard one of those automated phone systems! The first part of the message sounded messed up, wierd beeping for about 5 seconds, then an automated message advertising a company called Ring Centeral's 800 number hosting and PBX solutions. At first it seems like a real company's phone line, except pressing * asks for a password. Pressing 0 during the message goes to their directory, which has some very wierd and suspicious extension numbers. II think the second one even makes a reference to Halo, but I could not understand it that well. Ironacly, the company is real! Googleing them not only finds their corperate web site, but resutls from many buisness web sites.
Last edited by Doug52392 on Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Re: FCC PHONE NUMBER CHANGED, NEW COMPANY ANSWERS!!

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

*DON'T CALL THEM*

They just buy and re-sell 888 numbers, they're not Iris.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

THen why do they have very wierd extention numbers, like "EXHALO number" and "If a woman calls, hang up"? Why would a professional company's phone system play static and give error messages the first 10 seconds? Why would a sales pitch that is soppost to persuade the consumer to choose them for their services record a man's voice in the background of the sales pitch? Why would there be a wierd signal for about 20 seconds in the middle of the pitch? Also, Ring Centeral is probaly the registration service Microsoft used to put the number up. If I remember correctly, Ring Central was referenced on this number many times a while back, like when it was offline, it would say "Ring Central" at the beginning.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

That would be the Sterma Conferencing Center. The only wierd thing is that it (from what you're telling me) sound like yesterday's message.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

It is a toatay new company that answers, but defently is still Iris related. A company called Ring Central (which was referenced to when number was offline). Theres a lot of background noise in the message that plays, defently does not sound like a professional automated phone system. Too many backround noises, plus there is a man talking in the backround, but i cant hear him. There is no way a professional phone system would have picked up that kind of interferance.
sharpsniper99
Facilitator [Conditional]

Unread post by sharpsniper99 »

from the sounds of it is is iris related.

i was pretty sure all the things from thge past 4 servers would link up, especially as in the bounce path control audio for server for it said "look for the links that saved you before".

anyway ring central as in halo ring ;) , it might be a possible connection lol, but yeah it definatly seems related.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

It's odd that yesterday, it wouldn't be Iris related, and today it is.
S3NATOR
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by S3NATOR »

FYI, this is what the number said yesterday.
Hi, your calls been forwarded to the voice mail for Thomas Marquez at ring central. If your interested in setting up a 7 day free trial with a toll free or local number, please leave you name and number after the tone. Thank you very much.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

We need the password. Any numbers that may be a password from one of the other clues? I wounder if theres a way to actually talk to someone there.
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Boomerang again?