FCC PHONE NUMBER CHANGED, NEW COMPANY ANSWERS!!

Leads that wound up being lost causes, having nothing to do with the ARG. Also, for threads discussing what turned out to be hoaxes.

Moderator: Moderators

Dead Eye
Data [Undefined]

Re: FCC PHONE NUMBER CHANGED, NEW COMPANY ANSWERS!!

Unread post by Dead Eye »

It is weird....though besides the first 3 seconds of the message, and the directory listings, it appears to be somewhat normal. Like a call from a automated telemarketer or something. Googling Ring Central, it just appears to be a normal company......Though it might be IRIS related. Who knows...

By the way what purpose did the number serve the last time?
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

Doug52392 wrote:We need the password. Any numbers that may be a password from one of the other clues? I wounder if theres a way to actually talk to someone there.
I can't call from work, I got in shit over the FCC, but did you try 081607 for the password? I know it's likely a date, but things are rarely what they seem.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Doug52392 »

Already tried that set of numbers, nothing :-( the nubmer lead us to a kiosk, which lead us to a cipher, which led us to server 2, i believe.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Doug52392 wrote:Already tried that set of numbers, nothing :-( the nubmer lead us to a kiosk, which lead us to a cipher, which led us to server 2, i believe.
Ummm yeah, I was around for Server 2 opening, I'm aware of how it went down. I don't really understand your response (honestly don't know what you mean, not flaming) That set of numbers I just suggested are the dates from the artifact location page, not the map for the kiosk locations (which was alphanumeric). I thought you were looking for a new password, not the old path to server 2.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

I am wondering whats up with the Flood Containment Control number, its changed and a new company now answers it, and judging from all the strange noises and extensions, i think its Iris related. I was answering the question about what purpose the # had last time in my last response, by the way.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Am I going insane? I know what this thread is about; I replied to your inquiry for any possible passwords for the new company with a suggestion, and got an explanation the point of the thread.

edit: I see now the question you were responding too, my bad. But my suggestion was for the password.
Last edited by Dalthanas on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebruce
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thebruce »

um Doug? That's exactly what the thread has been discussing...

anyway, listening carefully in the background, there's more speaking, sounds like voices from the first FCC call... for some reason my cell can connect to the #, but if I use skype and try to record it, it says I can't connect to the number from my calling area... that sucks.

I think Skype is using my IP to determine I'm in Canada, though somehow my cell provider doesn't make that distinction? dunno. But I can't record to try to bring out the quieter voices.

They only appear 5-10 seconds in, and I only heard a couple of sentences from 2, maybe 3 people.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

I was answering Dead Eye's question about what role the # played last time.
Doug52392
Data [Authenticated]

How do you record the phone call?
suitedjock
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by suitedjock »

http://www.ringcentral.com/

pretty sure this looks OOG!