Just noticed something in Halo 2 LE DVD.

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Just noticed something in Halo 2 LE DVD.

Unread post by MulletedOne »

There's a little video that has the level designers talking about the campaign.

"I think we pulled the transition between the heretic levels and the laboratory where the forerunners first came in contact with the flood off quite beautifully."

Anyone notice a big flag in that statement? A BIG flag?

The labs were built and designed to contain and study the flood as well as harvest gas from Threshold.

How, then, could the Forerunners have first come into contact with the Flood in this facility if the facility was already designed with them in mind?

Simple, that theory seen popping up occasionally on here, the Forerunner created the Flood, possibly using that gas in their experiments.

After all, Bungie said "You have to wonder what the Forerunner was doing with all that gas."
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Re: Just noticed something in Halo 2 LE DVD.

Unread post by Avateur »

I think this has been pointed out before at HBO, but I'm not entirely sure. This is probably better suited for HBO or the Halo Story Page rather than ABO, but I'll leave it up seeing as how it pertains to the Flood aspects of Iris.
Scelus
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Scelus »

I believe it was mentioned that the facility was retrofitted to study the Flood. Also, the video from Server 2 indicate that the Flood started out long before the Forerunners encountered them, as they had "done this before. Elsewhere".
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

Scelus wrote:I believe it was mentioned that the facility was retrofitted to study the Flood. Also, the video from Server 2 indicate that the Flood started out long before the Forerunners encountered them, as they had "done this before. Elsewhere".
All that means is that the central mind spoke to them before mockingly and dismissively, not that the flood has been around before.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

I don't agree with that interpretation; I think it points to the Flood having been around a long time. But either way, there's no reason that mining facility couldn't have been the site of the first encounter between them and the Forerunner.
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

That facility was basically a gas-processing endeavor (Don't laugh). Right? What if the Flood was spawned from the primordial ooze that happened to be the fuel?

Or, better yet, what if the Flood was once a space-faring race? For now, I'll leave it at that. Meanwhile, I'm going to think for a minute and articulate my thoughts.
shyataroo
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by shyataroo »

my bet is that the forreunners created the flood to process the gas more efficently (for some reason) and they accidentaly gave the grave mind sentiance.
Avateur
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Avateur »

Irony would have it that a gas leak mutated some Forerunner into Flood.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

shyataroo wrote:my bet is that the forreunners created the flood to process the gas more efficently (for some reason) and they accidentaly gave the grave mind sentiance.
Well, we do know from 343GS that the Flood can alter the atmosphere... Perhaps through some sort of gas? Totally possible, though, personally, I find it very unlikely. I'm actually a big fan of the "Flood are from another galaxy" theory that's been floating around.
LoneRanger 2.5
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by LoneRanger 2.5 »

If the Forerunners hadn't kept feeding the Flood beans, none of this would ever have happened!