Cortana? Human?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Hazard
Data [Undefined]

Cortana? Human?

Unread post by Hazard »

Cortana? Human?

I recently decided to play Halo and I noticed that at the end of the Pillar Of Autumn level when you board the launch pod that when it entered the rings atmosphere Cortana said “If I still had fingers they’d be crossed.” This got me thinking… Was she once human? Check it out for your self > http://www2.mythica.org/halo/hbo/haloci ... _final.wmv

It's 1:12 seconds in. Trust Me. It's There.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Re: Cortana? Human?

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Cortana was never human. ALL AIs from the Halo universe that were created by humans are based off of the neural pathways in a dead human brain. Cortana is the ONLY exception to this rule. She is based off of a living cloned brain from the Dr. who created the Spartan program. What Cortana means in that quote is that if she still had her holographic projector she would be showing her fingers crossed.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

she's close to human since dr. halsey flash cloned her brain and used it to create cortana
theteal1
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by theteal1 »

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:she's close to human since dr. halsey flash cloned her brain and used it to create cortana
This is speculation, so it should be alright if I revert to ilovebees to comment on something.

Kamal says that flash cloned organs (and people, for that matter) are created with all the same memories, but no actual knowledge of things such as muscle function and such. All smart AIs, except Cortana, are created from actual deceased humans. If Cortana were made from a flash clone, and flash clones typically are diseased and have metabolic failure and such, would Cortana not be more vulnerable to rampancy or some other failure than any other smart AI?
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

theteal1 wrote:
Admiral Whitcomb wrote:she's close to human since dr. halsey flash cloned her brain and used it to create cortana
This is speculation, so it should be alright if I revert to ilovebees to comment on something.

Kamal says that flash cloned organs (and people, for that matter) are created with all the same memories, but no actual knowledge of things such as muscle function and such. All smart AIs, except Cortana, are created from actual deceased humans. If Cortana were made from a flash clone, and flash clones typically are diseased and have metabolic failure and such, would Cortana not be more vulnerable to rampancy or some other failure than any other smart AI?
Cortana wasn't a flash clone of Halsey, they used the slower, more reliable method since it was just brain tissue they cloned.
ProfessorHojo05
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by ProfessorHojo05 »

Omega Hunter 9 wrote:Cortana wasn't a flash clone of Halsey, they used the slower, more reliable method since it was just brain tissue they cloned.
What is your source for this information? If its one of the books then please give me a page number. I will be rereading all four of them soon enough anyway.

If I remember correctly, Cortana WAS made from a flash cloned brain. They made many of them and Cortana was made from the one that survived the process with the least amount of damage or degradation. Either way, flash cloned or not, all clones so far in real life tests and many fictional , clones have some kind of defect large or small. So, in theory, these defects could make Cortana more susceptible to going insane, and then again, they may make her less. How ever things turn out with her, she has been in the hands of the Gravemind, and who knows what kind of affect that will have on her.
BootsMcGavin
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by BootsMcGavin »

the only reason she says that is because she was a holographic image with fingers moments before that, and when she said it she was stuck in MCs head
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

ProfessorHojo05 wrote:
Omega Hunter 9 wrote:Cortana wasn't a flash clone of Halsey, they used the slower, more reliable method since it was just brain tissue they cloned.
What is your source for this information? If its one of the books then please give me a page number. I will be rereading all four of them soon enough anyway.

If I remember correctly, Cortana WAS made from a flash cloned brain. They made many of them and Cortana was made from the one that survived the process with the least amount of damage or degradation. Either way, flash cloned or not, all clones so far in real life tests and many fictional , clones have some kind of defect large or small. So, in theory, these defects could make Cortana more susceptible to going insane, and then again, they may make her less. How ever things turn out with her, she has been in the hands of the Gravemind, and who knows what kind of affect that will have on her.
Its cannon info, and for the record i said flash clone of dr. halseys BRAIN!
First Strike page... *to be edited, i dont have the book with me atm*
thereIwasn't
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by thereIwasn't »

Hazard wrote:Cortana? Human?

“If I still had fingers they’d be crossed.”
I think cortana was refering to when she was in hologram form back on the PoA. It must be part of some human relations subroutine I guess.
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

ProfessorHojo05 wrote:What Cortana means in that quote is that if she still had her holographic projector she would be showing her fingers crossed.
BootsMcGavin wrote:the only reason she says that is because she was a holographic image with fingers moments before that, and when she said it she was stuck in MCs head
thereIwasn't wrote:I think cortana was refering to when she was in hologram form back on the PoA. It must be part of some human relations subroutine I guess.
Hey guys, I think Cortana was talking about when she was a hologram.