The Reoccurring number, 108.

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Dariagan
Data [Undefined]

Re: The Reoccurring number, 108.

Unread post by Dariagan »

We already know that wikipedia knows a lot but it can be editted by the public so some of it could be false...And someone already posted about the lost numbers and no its not connected to 108 -> LOST -> JJ abrams -> 1-18-08...
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

I was joking about Lost and true, wikipedia can be edited, but really, who takes offense of the number 108 and decides to go after it?

I just brought it up since I feel that the volume of biblical references it *could* mean is just unfeasible, Bungie wouldn't do something that broad. They're about specifics. It's always good to shake these speculatory threads up a bit every once in a while.
Bradxd
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Bradxd »

No need to freak out about this man, I just began this topic because I found it ironicly relevant to a few things here and there... If anyone has anything positive to say about this topic that might be helpful please do. If it's irrelevant please refrain from wasting space on this topic. great, thanks.

Oh, and could someone help me find out if Bungie is even relating the bible to H3, or if we have just lost ourselves in someones idea...
Omega Hunter 9
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Omega Hunter 9 »

Actually, the bible thing was my idea but I never realized how many things may pop up.

So I was looking at the MC's number, 117.

^
1+7 = 8

Ideas?
Frogwart
Moderator [Designated]

Unread post by Frogwart »

Bradxd wrote: If it's irrelevant please refrain from wasting space on this topic. great, thanks.

Oh, and could someone help me find out if Bungie is even relating the bible to H3, or if we have just lost ourselves in someones idea...
We're all "losing ourselves in someone's idea" here, really, as well as trying to find relevance in the ideas of other people about our posts.

Remember to play with patience and kindness. We're here to help each other and have fun, right?
Dariagan
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Dariagan »

I think John 1:17 or something like that talks about a savior and saving the earth...I dont have a bible here to refrence so Im taking it from memory...Anyway bungie does take things from the bible and mutilate them into Sci Fi stuff but its all cool because they dont abuse copyright infringment...Or...at least I think they dont...I could be mistaken.
Bradxd
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Bradxd »

meh... my bad Frogwart I was just a bit aggravated that day :\
Ghost
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Ghost »

I've spent quite a few hours (yes, hours) scouring the Bible and the Halo books for connections myself, and I have to say, there seem to be a lot. I would be incredibly surprised if everything in Halo that seems to reference the Bible was pure coincidence. There's plenty of interesting stuff in the books of John, Revelations (also written by John), and I found some interesting (but possibly coincidental) stuff in Samuel. Then there's the whole "Ark of the Covenant" that's referenced so much--the box (that held the Commandments and Moses's staff, I believe) that the Jews would carry into battle to protect them. I would not be surprised at all if this ARG contained Bible references.
Facultas Tempestas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Facultas Tempestas »

I don't see the relevance in John 1:17 or John 11:7. Both seem to have nothing to do with the game. Looking at revelation is kinda grasping at straws.
Lurono
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Lurono »

I know I've seen the John 117 "saving the world" thing or something like it before over at HBO a LONG time ago... ANd I found the same thing when I looked. But I look now and the passage has NOTHING to do with it lol.