The Equation: Grand Unified Theory Fragment ?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

VectorScalar
Data [Conditional]

The Equation: Grand Unified Theory Fragment ?

Unread post by VectorScalar »

Long Read
It seems to me that this is only a partial equation; there is the truncated dash-like mark in the upper right, and the Pi symbol and bottom of the sq. root symbol seem clipped. Also, it makes little sense alone.

The equation seems to consist of the following:

Psi (or the #4-exactly the way my physics teacher wrote it on chalkboard)

Bar over Pi, possibly indicating mean or vector (if 'arrowhead' is missing), or recurring

a zero in subscript (possibly lower case c which usually stands for speed of light)

an equals sign

a square root symbol enclosing m divided by Pi

lowercase e

Two disparate mathematic theories leap out as I examine the equation: General Relativity (GR) & Quantum Mechanics (QM). Here's what I see:

Elements from GR include e (energy), m (mass), c (speed of light) as made famous in e=mc^2, Pi (from Einsteins Field Equation)

Elements from QM are limited to the Psi (meaning wavefunction-the Schroedinger Equation).

Physicists have been searching for the 'Holy Grail' of physics: a Grand Unified Theory which described Macro Events (space-time curvature in GR) and the microevents at the subatomic level (QM). Any such Grand Unified Theory would have to reference both systems (or offer a third system which is more advanced/robust/better predicts reality).

I believe that the equation represents an 'educated guess' as to what the GUT would look like. As mentioned in a seperate post, this is exactly the sort of equation you'd need to solve if you wanted to bend space time in such a way as to fold dimensions into a tiny slipspace bubble a la Onyx in GoO.

A couple things still trouble me:

What if that is a four?
How does 'Modus 108' fit in...or does it (seems too convenient not to be true)?
(In game terms) Who overlayed the equation and why?
What terms/expressions are we missing (if any)?
Corban
Data [Undefined]

Re: The Equation: Grand Unified Theory Fragment ?

Unread post by Corban »

I don’t know if this helpful or not but just to add to things 108 keeps popping up in various references "Modus 108", "death angle 108". The glyph whose internal angles are 108. In each glyph a section is removed which is a method of working out the golden ratio by applying Ptolemy’s theorem. How does Ptolemy link in, well he proposed a geocentric theory for the cosmos with earth at its center(glyph). He was a Greek astronomer (Antikythera mechanism), the spectrogram image from 719hz.wav resembles a lunar map and he worked out a theory for the motion of the moon. Further to this a lot of the glyphs look like EPICYCLIC MOTIONS.

The golden ratio keeps popping up everywhere, the lowercase phi in the equation, conference archive number 16180 from fcc and other places to. It is a very provable fact that our human bodies are phi-designed as the golden section template is intimately seen throughout our whole human form ratio's. This absolutely proves that we like the macrocosm (the planets, and stars) or the microcosm (of atomic and subatomic particles) all were created using the PHI design. Is this why the covenant hate us ? What’s designed everything according to phi ? Does the equation represent life ? If so what’s its antithesis ?

Macro and micro that leads me to Schrödinger's cat about things existing in 2 states alive and dead in a state of quantum superposition does that link to gravemind ? The flood i guess there micro organisms that affect things on a macro scale. Is the ark the container for the cat and when it opens there’s a 50:50 chance ? Alternatively in one of the books cortana explains that mc was in 2 places at once due to a curvature in space time I think, something to do with a crystal shard.

The star maps, what do they represent with the glyphs always in the same place. The stars are different though and the image is from a different perspective. Is that space time again a logarithmic spiral according to the golden ratio ?

Sorry for the speculative rambling but that’s what’s troubling me n I cant link them.
Dalthanas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Dalthanas »

This is probably off topic, but can you explain Schrödinger's cat? In particular I find
Corban wrote:Is the ark the container for the cat and when it opens there’s a 50:50 chance ?
perplexing without knowledge of what that cat represents. I imagine it was the the impetus for some mathematical theory, like Pavlov's dogs were for social behaviour. This kid stopped taking math in grade 11 and got a degree in philosophy, hehe.
Corban
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Corban »

c2h6o
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by c2h6o »

Most definitely NOT a four. Numbers never have subscripts, or a "mean" value notation. Only symbols have the horizontal line.

I think that a GUT equation would be very difficult to comprehend with our current level of mathematics. The most advanced level of physics right now, String Theory, has been inventing more math as it goes along developing. To make Strings work, many think that there has to be 11-spacetime dimensions (yeah 11), 3 regular space, 1 time, and 7 hidden dimensions. The gap between QM and Einsteins physics is literally a canyon. If we were to just look at [a] GUT equation, our heads would literally explode.

I never mean to rain on anyones parade, but I'm just giving my opinion as a M.S. level physicist.
Corban
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Corban »

Hyperspace by Michio Kaku is a pretty good read and gives you a good overview of all that stuff. How would a dyson sphere/bubble(ghosts of onyx) fit in with the extra 7 dimensions? all as i can remember about them is that they supposedly shrank to an infentesimal size at the big bang. I still wreckon its either a partial equation n more of it will be revealed or its a made up one to represent something within the game.
Dr Nick
Data [Undefined]

Unread post by Dr Nick »

To get a better view, try highlighting it in IE.