When did the covenant discover halo?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: When did the covenant discover halo?

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

If it's not a lie, it's sure as hell not the whole truth. She has not told anyone else on Halo that she plans to blow up the Autumn. Foe Hammer has no context to understand that "the engines must have taken more damage than we thought" is supposed to mean "When I had the Chief shoot rockets into the engine, it apparently ruined things faster than I'd planned." Besides, when you damage the engines, she calculates how long it will take for the ship to blow. She does this again when you reach the extraction point. They're pretty consistent, unless you're doing strange speed-run tricks. The meltdown is not going faster than expected.

She doesn't warn anyone else about getting off Halo, she doesn't tell anyone about her plan to blow the Autumn. She doesn't wipe the Autumn's records in accordance with protocol.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

they wiped the autumn's records before they left Reach
Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Then what is 343 so excited about retrieving from the Autumn?
343 wrote:You can't imagine how exciting this is! To have a record of all of our lost time! Human history, is it? Fascinating.

(343 GS flutters around Engineering, as Sentinels join him, and scans another console)

Oh how I will enjoy every moment of its categorization! And to think that you would destroy this installation. As well as this record. I am shocked. Almost too shocked for words.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

in accordance with the cole protocol, the PoA's navigational data base was wiped clean, 343GS ws prolly excited about the history logs an such
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

Also, note that the POA had two AI onboard, though Cortana evacuated the other was left onboard, presumably due to the fact Keyes had forgotten about it.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

keyes didnt feel it was nessecary to activate wessley since cortana was a far more capable AI
Cortana- Smart AI
Wessly- Regular AI
failedparachute
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by failedparachute »

Just the same Wessly should've been destroyed or evacuated like Cortana, this is just another way Keyes didn't follow protocol, at least not in its entirety. Jeez, it feels like a court-martial in this thread.
uncle_trubble
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by uncle_trubble »

Jeez, it feels like a court-martial in this thread.
Lol yeah, we're a bit off-topic, but no problem.

And actually, going back a few posts, It is faster-Cortana predicts 2015 minutes after using rockets/grenades, but even going slowly you don't get more than 10. I think it's likely that Cortana warned Foe Hammer about their plans earlier but was unable to warn other UNSC forces because the ones that had escaped the flood were probably impossible to reach via radio, etc.
CORTANA:

That did it! The engine's gone critical! Based on the current rate of decay, we should have fifteen minutes to get off the ship
uncle_trubble
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by uncle_trubble »

Sorry, not 2015 minutes, 15 (typo).
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

wessley was removed from the PoA by the marines (Major Silva specifically) and they activated him and he assisted in teh defence of alpha base on halo, the marines base of operations

guys, read the books- seriously