When did the covenant discover halo?

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Re: When did the covenant discover halo?

Unread post by MulletedOne »

CORTANA: He's in my data arrays, a local tap.
That's where he's getting the records.

She must have told Foehammer about the situation, why would Foehammer be near a Covenant held position with little-to-no backup without knowing what was going on? And why is Sargeant Johnson there either? heh, that's just a special ending but still...

Now, Cortana's initial escape plan is stupid, the lifeboats don't have engines so how can they escape the ring's atmosphere? The second plan (E419) was understandable, but I still don't know if a pelican can escape the ring before it asploded. The third plan (Longsword) worked.

If you read the books Cortana's primary concern is the survival of her and the Chief. Everything else is secondary.

And at the end of Fall of Reach, she double checks Cole Protocol and determines the coordinates to be random enough. She doesn't say it wasn't a blind jump nor does she say it was, thus she wasn't lying.
uncle_trubble
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by uncle_trubble »

The sergeant johnson thing isn't canon, he escapes on a pelican (proving that it is possible) with three other marines. MC finds them while re-running a sweep over the wreckage near the beginning of First Strike. I lost my copy but Whitcomb could probably give the specific text.
MulletedOne
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by MulletedOne »

uncle_trubble wrote:The sergeant johnson thing isn't canon, he escapes on a pelican (proving that it is possible) with three other marines. MC finds them while re-running a sweep over the wreckage near the beginning of First Strike. I lost my copy but Whitcomb could probably give the specific text.
I know that, but it doesn't state WHEN the escape took place. Since the TandR was planning to take off before Chief blew the ring (proving that the marines DID know, heh) so Johnson and his pelican could have left earlier.

And mentioning Johnson was a joke at how Foehammer happened to just be there like Johnson.
uncle_trubble
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by uncle_trubble »

And mentioning Johnson was a joke at how Foehammer happened to just be there like Johnson.
I realize that, just wanted to clarify for the...simpler people out there ;)