My Forerunners Theory

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Maimbot 9000
Data [Authenticated]

Re: My Forerunners Theory

Unread post by Maimbot 9000 »

Admiral Whitcomb wrote:but i think the forerunners are organic, and have some collective intelligence, or were similar to each other in a way that an AI wouldnt tell them apart easily.
Which is exceedingly odd when you consider that the Flood also have a collective intelligence. It's like the Forerunner discovered some Bizzaro-world version of themselves. Maybe from another galaxy, maybe from a parallel universe. I don't think the Forerunner created the Flood, but this is such a strange trait to share.

Or maybe--and this is really out there--maybe we humans are meant to have a collective intelligence. There are signs of it, in our instinctual ability to operate Forerunner stuff. A genetic memory of sorts. Maybe the Forerunner messed with our DNA and it's lying dormant in our genes somehow, waiting to be triggered.
uncle_trubble
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by uncle_trubble »

I was one of the people who thought htat the forerunners were humans, but now I don't really think that. But it could be that the forerunners CREATED humanity.

-In the comic, the man refers to what I assume are the forerunners as "the gods." Al elementary part of being "God" or "a God" is CREATING thos who worship you, especially "in their own image" (paraphrased quote from nearly all creation myths), both in looks and probably infused DNA. That would explain 343GS thinking he has met MC before and the fact that seemibngly only humans can retrieve the index and activate halo-the forerunners gave this responsibility to their prized creations, and built the ark to preserve them from the activation of the halos. Maybe the forerunners didn't consider themselves "worthy" of moving on after the activation-they had failed against the flood, so they passed the galaxy on to their children, humanity.
Admiral Whitcomb
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by Admiral Whitcomb »

well the forerunners do need to be organic to be vulnerable to the flood...
o, and maybe the forerunners did create humans like you said, then programmed their AI's to recognize humans as reclaimers!
uncle_trubble
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by uncle_trubble »

o, and maybe the forerunners did create humans like you said, then programmed their AI's to recognize humans as reclaimers!
Yeah, I was thinking either that or the forerunners infused some kind of DNA pattern that caused AIs to recognize humans as reclaimers (we have no idea what 99% of our DNA does)
scapermoya
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by scapermoya »

uncle_trubble wrote: Yeah, I was thinking either that or the forerunners infused some kind of DNA pattern that caused AIs to recognize humans as reclaimers (we have no idea what 99% of our DNA does)
come on, give us a little more credit than that. we don't know what 98.5% does. ;)