New Connections

Wild, speculative theories born from the communications with AdjutantReflex.

Moderator: Moderators

Mrguy
Data [Conditional]

New Connections

Unread post by Mrguy »

Speculation:

The array is the array of Halos. On the halo3.com under "The Story so far.." it states ..."Vital clues to the nature of the Halo array."

AdjutantReflex stated he is a facilitation of array requirements = the fireing of the halos.

Flux comes from the halo, each halo requires that flux to be activated.

Forerunners are the keepers of halo, thus the keepers of the flame.

AdjutantReflex is designed to make sure the Halos work properly?

Seeds are scattered, wich were the emails, and someone said we'll be ready, and AdjutantReflex said we wont.... and we weren't ready for an email to come out.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Re: New Connections

Unread post by Sir Topham Hat »

Your flux assumption is faulty. "The requirements are in flux." simply means that they are variable. The requirements change.
endejas
Data [Authenticated]

Unread post by endejas »

and since each Halo is moving in orbit around the gas giant that is orbiting a star that is moving really, really fast, I think it's safe to assume that AR just didn't want to list the coordinates.
Mrguy
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mrguy »

So my flux is faulty..I'll be quick to agree with that, but what about the other things?
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Assuming the Array is the Halo system, it is still not necessarily correct that their requirements are that they be fired. At this point we have no reason to assume that the majority of the galaxy is possessed by the Flood, as it would have to be in order to justify the Halos firing. The poem indicates to me that the human race are the keepers of the flame, though that isn't necessarily correct, and it is likely that humanity is descended from the forerunners. We know nothing about AR other than that he says he is here to help us.
Mrguy
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mrguy »

But remember that Halo doesnt kill flood it kills all "equally edible" organisims, thier food. To justify the halo firing would be if the galazy was filled with potential food, not flood inparticular.
Kiloh Ekim
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Kiloh Ekim »

someone said we'll be ready, and AdjutantReflex said we wont.... and we weren't ready for an email to come out.
I believe that he is talking about the halos firing in his response. He wants to follow containment, just like 343GS, to the letter. No surviving, no being ready. It's "this time no one will be ready" structuring my guess that were some ready the last time there a halo activation activation and survived. Humans? Actual forerunners? I don't know.

What do know is this: he hasn't come to help us. It's the forerunners, or perhaps their grand design, that he helping.

What's the grand design, you ask? Allow all organisms to evolve and live on their own planets. But then wipe out all sentient life and restart when a single race becomes dominant enough to master technology and reach the halos. Why? Time's in a circle. Perhaps they don't want anyone to make a mistake they did. Perhaps this is the only way to contain the flood. Or perhaps the flood is simply a pawn in the forerunner's plan as a galactic reset button.

Enough rambling for me. I'm already off topic enough for one day. But get the massage, he isn't trying to help us. He's maintaining the halos to kill us.
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

Mrguy wrote:But remember that Halo doesnt kill flood it kills all "equally edible" organisims, thier food. To justify the halo firing would be if the galazy was filled with potential food, not flood inparticular.
Incorrect. Simply because it doesn't make sense to wipe out the galaxy just because it's full of life. What if the galaxy is full of life but the flood are contained? That wouldn't justify firing the halos. The whole point of the Halo system is that it is a weapon of last resort, only if the flood cannot be contained anymore would they be fired, in that case the only scenario is that most of the galaxy is full of flood.
Mrguy
Data [Conditional]

Unread post by Mrguy »

BUT, Cortana says, that halo wasn't design to kill the flood but to kill it's food. If the majority of the galaxy is filled with flood, and halo doesn't kill flood then halo is worthless.

"Halo doesn't kill flood, it kills their food. Humans, covenant, whatever. We're all equally edible. The only way to stop the flood is to starve them to death. And that's exactly what Halo is designed to do; wipe the galaxy clean of all sentient life."
Sir Topham Hat
Moderator [Designated]

I understand what you're saying, but there is no point in wiping out the entire galaxy unless you're sure that every option has been exhausted, that means that the flood have spread past the point of containment. IE a large portion of the galaxy. The flood will die without food and without being in stasis. The flood on Halo were contained for research. They wouldn't live a hundred thousand years without some kind of stasis. So they use the facility to keep the flood in OUR galaxy.